It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 12:21 AM   #1

Southern_Girl HB User
For those who shave their bikini area...

Do you do it daily or every other day? I just decided to shave with a Mach 3 Turbo until I can maybe afford a good electric razor... and I did pretty good (didn't shave all of it off, just a left a "landing strip"), but it is hard to shave stubble. Does it get easier if I do it daily? Do you go against the grain? It doesn't get all of the stubble if I go "with" the grain.... Any help you can give me will much appreciated, thanks! =)

Old 09-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User
Re: For those who shave their bikini area...

I usually do it daily, and I go against the grain. I have no problems doing it every day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 09:39 AM   #3

Tigrazhia HB User

I usually shave every other day or maybe even every 3 days, depends if anyone else has any business to do downthere except for myself Shaving I usually go against the grain, sometimes I do sideways across as well. Good luck

Old 09-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

only SOMETIMES shaving against the grain irritates my skin and will make each hair follicle bleed! OUCH! so sometimes i can and others i cant..

Old 09-21-2004, 11:07 PM   #5
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User

just a tip for you guys.. buy unscented solid deodorant and rub it on ur freshly shaved bikini line. helps prevent ingrowns, razor burn, and itchies. oh and by the way the silk effects ( i think thats what it is called) is a really good razor to use. For some reason I notice that it doesnt grow back as stubbly! Oh, and try using Biore's facial hair minimizing lotion down there. It actually really helps - after awhile u wont have to shave as much.

Old 09-22-2004, 06:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twiceblessed HB User

Also AVON has a great serum for after a bikini shave. It is part of the Skin So Soft line - Skin Smoothing Serum I think it's called? It's for smoothing and preventing/minimizing nicks, bumps, etc. I LOVE it!!! Doesn't burn or irritate like Bikini Zone does for me.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:27 PM   #7

GrecianGrrl* HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzi81
just a tip for you guys.. buy unscented solid deodorant and rub it on ur freshly shaved bikini line. helps prevent ingrowns, razor burn, and itchies. oh and by the way the silk effects ( i think thats what it is called) is a really good razor to use. For some reason I notice that it doesnt grow back as stubbly! Oh, and try using Biore's facial hair minimizing lotion down there. It actually really helps - after awhile u wont have to shave as much.
Awesome advice, Kimzi... thanks!
Southern_Girl: I generally shave all of it, every day... maybe skipping a day once in a while. I find doing all of it much easier than worrying about if the "landing strip", as you called it, is even etc. I use a regular razor, I've found that Personal Touch gives me a nice, close shave. I shave against the grain, and actually, the stubble seems to get softer the more you shave... so even if you let it grow for a day or two, it's really not *****ley and itchy. When I first started, I had those problems someone mentioned about the bleeding, but it doesn't happen anymore unless I've left it to grow and I'm using a brand new blade. Good luck !

Closed Thread