It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2003, 04:30 AM   #1
(female)

rubydoo63 HB User
Post How long before I can re-color hair?

HI All!

Well, the color on the box is not what I thought it would be!!! Actually....it is but doesn't look right on me

How long should I wait to recolor it? My hair is in pretty good condition.

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2003, 02:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cattys HB User
Hi! I am not a stylist or anything but when I first started to color my hair I did it every 2 weeks until I achived the color I wanted. I went from dark brown to a very blonde .It was a job in a half thankfully I never lost my hair now I am back to my natural color .

cattys

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 PM   #3
Inactive

JennyBee HB User
I have been coloring my hair for years and years, and recently started bleaching it(to get it superblond!) One time, I had it processed three times in one day-the haircolorist made a mistake-and nothing happened to my hair. My sister uses the box color -sometimes hours within eachother- if she doesn't like her color and nothing bad happened to her hair either. I am sure your hair would be just fine if you dyed it again today!

Jen*

Old 05-29-2003, 11:59 AM   #4

Highland HB User
Check to see how much amonia is in the haircolor. Often it is higher than Windex! After coloring once, mine fell out & looks awful.

Old 05-30-2003, 02:14 AM   #5

cttwins HB User
What I was always told was to wait 6 weeks in between coloring jobs. I have always waited, except one time when I tried to bleach my hair at home, it ended up looking like a spotted cow, so I had to go to the salon and have it fixed, that was within a couple of days of each other. My hair was really dry, but I didn't really lose any of it, so I guess I would talk to a professional.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:06 PM   #6
Inactive

ds4832 HB User
i assume you want to re-color your hair since youre not satisfied with the color that you achieved by the first treatment?..if thats the case, you have to be careful to make sure that the new color will not interfere with the old color, chemistry wise/base color wise..if it does you could end up with some pretty funky color...certain base colors do not mix with other base colors..my advice would be to go to your nearest Sally Beauty Supply and ask someone there (make sure its a licensed stylist) to guide you in the right direction...if you hair is healthy, not brittle, falling out, and if your scalp can handle another coloring, it will be OK to go ahead and redo your hair...after that, i wouldnt recommend doing it again for another 6 weeks......once you get the desired color, you should only apply color (when you do a touch up) to the roots of your hair (regrowth) and during the last 5 minutes of coloring, comb the color through to the ends of your hair.....good luck. ..make sure you condition real well after each coloring treatment.

Closed Thread