It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

linaii HB User
Question Zero Frizz... which one?

I read alot of good things about Zero Frizz but can't figure out which type (serum, conditioner, gel, etc) I need to use for my hair. So which ones from the Zero Frizz line-up should I use?

Just on a side note, I have to live in thick beach-humidity, and have long, dry, curly, thin, frizzy hair. I just started using Dove shampoo & conditioner (love it so far) after switching from Pantene (ick). Afterwards, I use a hair dryer and/or curling iron, and Suave Herbal Hairspray in attempt to tame my hair (but to no avail).

I would love to just be able to let my hair air dry and not have it turn into a poof ball right after I step out of water or into humidity (hence the Zero Frizz). I would also love to be able to ditch the hair dryer because it blows all my curls out. My hair's either frizzy, poofy & curly or deformed with random waves & straightness. I just want it to make up it's mind... be curly OR be straight- I don't care- but not both and definitely NOT with frizz. Is this too much to ask? =)

Please help...

Old 09-03-2003, 05:35 AM   #2

kc2ckj HB User
Hi,

I use the serum. Have for a few years now. You will have to experiment on how much to use. I have hair that is just past my shoulders and I use two pumps of it. I always staighten my hair. Have never let it air dry since I don't like it that way. I'm very surprised that you don't like Pantene. I use the smooth and sleek I think is what it is called. Every once in a while I have to change out because your hair does get used to it. But I always go right back to it. My hair has never been healthier. Try the serum. I don't think you'll be dissatisfied. Just my opinion.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 07:05 AM   #3
(female)

linaii HB User
Thanks! I'll try the serum out and hope for the best I did notice there's a straightening Zero Frizz... would that work better than the serum, if I wanted to straighten my hair?

Pantene did make a little bit of a difference to begin with, but then my hair became dryer and dryer and felt really crispy and rough. Then I tried Dove, and so far it's really helped (knock on wood). My hair's really soft and is more under control. My sister loves Pantene yet didn't like Dove, so we're trading our left-overs

Old 09-03-2003, 11:11 AM   #4

Janet in Texas HB User
Linaii,

Redkin's Fresh Curl line is awesome. I have curly hair that is below my shoulders and its the only thing I've found that will keep me from getting the frizzy, especially towards the bottom.
5'5" F

Old 09-05-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
(female)

linaii HB User
Thanks for the tip, Janet in Texas! After I give Dove a chance, I'll also test out Redken. It sounds like it might be just what my hair needs. =)

Old 09-07-2003, 05:42 AM   #6

kc2ckj HB User
I've never tried the straightening one by zero frizz. I've always used the serum. I've been using it for a couple of years and have never been disappointed in it. Well, except once when I put too much in back when I first started. I thought the more I put in the straighter it would be. You don't need a lot. Good luck on whatever you choose. But give the serum a shot.
Hope this helped.

Old 09-09-2003, 03:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Hi... I have curly hair too, and the Dove has been AWESOME. I use the serum or the gel. Depends on the look I want. The serum is soft and shiny, the gel is more defining. I love the Zero Frizz Products!
DD born 3/24/2005

Closed Thread