It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 07:44 PM   #1

mia9001 HB User
Smile Allergic to eyeshadow...help!

I had been using Lancome eyeshadow for years, and over time I developed an allergic reaction to it (eyes itched, eyelids red and scaly, yuck!). I have tried Estee Lauder and Arbonne, and have been allergic to both (even though Arbonne is supposedly "hypoallergenic"). Has anyone had a similar experience and found an eyeshadow that they can wear?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 06:18 AM   #2
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
Hi! I love Estee Lauder eyeshadows, but alas, when I wear them, my eyes itch and tear constantly. The 'drug store' brand shadows are even worse. I started using mineral makeup (Bare Escentuals) about a year ago and have no reaction what so ever to any of their products. The eye shadows goes on sooooo smoothly (it has the consistency of baby powder or finer), they have an array of colors, some glittery, some matte, and I highly recommend it.

You can go to QVC and take a look at the products.

Seabell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2003, 12:32 PM   #3

mia9001 HB User
Thanks very much! I will look into that.

Old 09-22-2003, 01:01 PM   #4

mia9001 HB User
Just ordered some...I can't wait!

[This message has been edited by mia9001 (edited 09-22-2003).]

Old 09-22-2003, 02:05 PM   #5
(female)

sassykitten74 HB User
you might want to try aromaleigh eyeshadows. Its mineral makeup also but is not as expensive are bare e.
You can order samples too and you get your orders super fast!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #6

mia9001 HB User
Talking

Thank you! Their products look good, too. I will give them a try as well.

Old 09-23-2003, 07:36 PM   #7

roxannn HB User
I have an allergy to eyeshadow. After doing a lot of research, I discovered the cause. It is due to the talc. Garden Botanika makes a talc-free eyeshadow. There are other brands, but not many. Good Luck.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #8
(female)

taylinsmom HB User
Re: Allergic to eyeshadow...help!

Just so you know "hypoallergenic" does not mean you can not be allergic to it. There is no such thing as a product like that. It just means that a majority of people CAN use it. Another thing, are you sure it's your eyeshadows, could it maybe be face wash or something else? Just some thoughts!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #9
(female)

Dragonmyarse HB User
Re: Allergic to eyeshadow...help!

My daughter used to work for Clinique. It is true that hypoallergenic only means that there are no common allergens in the product. It's a real pain but what you may need to do is to carefully check the list of ingredients in each product you have had a problem with .. paying especially close attention to the the coloring used (reds/purples etc. are a VERY common allergy problem.) You may find there is either a common substance that could be the source of your allergy or you may not be able to wear certain colors. I can only wear plum/pink shades from certain companies. A safer way to test new products is to apply it to the fine, thin skin in the crook of your arm (opposite your elbow) & wait 24 hrs. to check for any reaction. Not a perfect solution as your eyelids are even more sensitive but may save you from having to deal with grossly swollen & sore eyes. GL!

Closed Thread