It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2003, 07:46 PM   #1

Beaner02 HB User
Post Peach Fuzz on face

I have blonde peach fuzz on my face. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove it or success stories of removing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-27-2003, 06:51 PM   #2

SassymomNwife HB User
HI,I use this trimmer called finishing touches, I got it about 2 months ago off HSN (home shopping network)I have seen them at walgreens now. You can use them on face and bikini line, I do my lip eyebrows and fuzz off face with it, I have had no trouble with it.Its not a razor so your hair doesnt come back stubbly at all , Belive me i was scared at first but i have been useing it a while and it does what it says. Good luck to you.

Sassy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #3

pick_n_pock HB User
I've heard about this cream that you can get a prescription for its called Vaniqua and it's supposed to be proven to retard hair growth, but you have to actually remove the hair first...its supposed to be very good for peach fuz and even help coarse dark hair to some extent.

Unfortunately its not available in Australia so I haven't been able to try it first hand...maybe ask your GP about it

Old 09-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #4

TranscendingAbyss HB User
why bother risking stuble or thick dark hair if it's just peach fuzz? peach fuzz is silky and nobody sees it but you..

Old 10-01-2003, 07:02 AM   #5

liquidstar HB User
You can always wax it. It doesn't grow back as fast as trimming it. You should probably do it about once or twice a month, depending on how fast it grows.

Old 10-01-2003, 11:13 AM   #6

Vlasik HB User
To remove it, you can use Sallie Hansen facial hair remover creme with vitamin E. It is very gentle and works very well. As another poster mentioned, there is also a cream called Vaniqua which could be good for you. You can only get it with a prescription from your dermatologist or your doctor. It is supposed to slow down and then stop hair growth where applied.

[This message has been edited by Vlasik (edited 10-01-2003).]

Old 10-01-2003, 06:46 PM   #7

Keilani HB User
I have to say that I disagree that peach fuzz is not visible. Especially when someone is in sunlight, it is very visible, and just as much a moustache/beard/what have you, especially if it is thick or there is a lot of it.

Old 12-04-2003, 04:41 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

miper HB User
Re: Peach Fuzz on face

I agree...and it's embarrassing. I use the cream remover, but it's a pain and my face feels weird for days afterwards. I wish there were some other way.

Old 12-04-2003, 11:44 AM   #9
(female)

DottyG HB User

There's a process called "threading" that works really well with this. I'm not sure how many areas it's in, but it's been in my area for years now.

It started in the Persian countries (Iraq, Iran, etc) and was used there for centuries.

It looks odd - just as the name implies, it's done with thread. They wind it around their hands in such a way that they can get all the little fuzz out. About the same sensation as waxing. But, it tends to last longer.

And, one benefit is that, over time, it causes the hair to stop growing in that spot permanently.

Check around you for this - it's worth looking into.

Old 12-04-2003, 01:00 PM   #10

AnnieLee HB User

Um...why not just take a razor and lightly shave downwards. The peach fuzz will not grow back any thicker, shaving with the grain keeps the ends from being blunt, and it doesn't cost a thing or irritate your skin.

When I start to get fuzzy around the lip or towards the "sideburns" area, that's what I do, and it's never been a problem. Maybe every few weeks I notice the fuzz and do it again.

You don't have to lather up or anything, just use a very light touch, and your skin won't be irritated.

And those little thingies you see advertised on tv are razors, they are doing the same thing. It's a lot less irritating that creams or waxes, and I've heard that waxing the face isn't good cause it causes more wrinkles around the lips.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:28 AM   #11
(female)

sassykitten74 HB User

yep peach fuzz is very visable!! use a depiltory for the face or 1 of those pen shaped razors.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:56 AM   #12
Inactive

heidifxp HB User

I agree....it's VERY visible and when I see someone with it, I cringe. I use Nair for the face. Works great.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:33 AM   #13

**blondie** HB User

Nair for the Face!

Old 12-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User

What if you have dark brown peach fuzz betweeen your shoulder blades on your back? Would you use wax, shave, nair or what?

Old 12-05-2003, 05:04 PM   #15
Inactive

heidifxp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2003
What if you have dark brown peach fuzz betweeen your shoulder blades on your back? Would you use wax, shave, nair or what?

How would you reach it? LOL!! Nair is good...so is Magic Powder....sold at walgreens. it's like a hair remover for black mens course hair...but i use it for my legs, under arms and down there. lol. it works great. it's a powder that you mix with water, make a paste and slather it on. better than nair. do not use it on your face.

Closed Thread