It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
Inactive

roni624 HB User
Post What is the best camellia oil on the market?

and where can I find it? I am curious about this stuff. I am pleased with what I am using but I always like to try different products so I can recommend them to ppl.-Roni

Old 09-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #2

joche HB User
I've tried 4 different brands of camellia oil. The one I like the most is Silkia camellia oil by Goldport Beauty. I have used an unfiltered one (very cheap, just a couple of bucks)and it was way too greasy. I also tried 2 Japanese brands and found that they were too light and so not very moisturizing. A lot of my friends, including myself, found that these light Japanese oils are too refined to be very effective.

[This message has been edited by joche (edited 09-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 10-03-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2003, 12:13 PM   #3
Inactive

roni624 HB User
I don't know how it can make wrinkles go away in a couple of days because it hasn't done that to me. It has made my skin feel so much smoother. I am using it on my elbows, knees, and heels now.

There are other brands of camelia oil but I have no clue as to what and where they are. The sales lady over the phone told me that this brand is filteres and refined. Supposedly it is to work better and not be greasy on the skin. I have normal combination skin with oil in the T zone area and I have had no problems with it. I am sure there are other brands of camellia oil that are filtered and refined. I didn't feel like doing that big of a search and just went with the same brand as joche uses.

I was able to purchase the 2oz bottle for around $15 now after my first purchase. I bought several bottles for some family/friends for Christmas. I still think the price is not outrages.

I did order avon's Anew products too and I am going to try those also. If I don't try the product then I will never know what works best for me. Anew is twice the price of the camellia oil. I used Estee Lauder's Idealist for a long time along with a moisturizer by them too. I loved it and had no problems using it. I just have to pay for it now...now that I stopped working to raise my girls. It is very pricey but it worked. I tried the camellia oil because of the price and because of joche's post on it.-Roni

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 10-03-2003).]

Old 10-03-2003, 02:00 PM   #4
(female)

Cookie531 HB User
I bought white camelia oil at my local Vitaminshoppe. It came in a roll on type very small bottle. I paid $13 for it. I like the way it makes my skin feel but I'm not sold on the wrinkle remover properties yet. We'll see.

Closed Thread