It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2003, 12:39 PM   #1
(female)

hobogirl HB User
Post Frizz

Just wondering what you guys use to help with frizz. I color treat my hair (I am only 41 and have lots of gray) and the frizz is real bad when the weather is rainy or when it gets close to time to color. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 02:08 PM   #2

psabrina28 HB User
Frizz Ease...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
I'll second that. John Frieda Frizz Ease. I use "Secret Weapon" in a silver tube. Works great, pleasant smell too.

Old 10-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #4

Keilani HB User
Depending on what kind of hair you have and/or how you like to style it, I'd use physique products. I have naturally wavy hair that gets very curly and frizzy with humidity, and very straight with dry climates...so all I need is a storm to ruin my hair even after I've just styled it. Physique keep it straight lotion has really worked for me.

Old 10-19-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
Inactive

forreal HB User
I got that new procedure that was on Oprah (Japanese straightening) and let me tell you...it's been a year, you only have to get it done once every 6-9 months and I LOVE IT!!! I never want to go back. I had frizzy poofy, bozo hair and now my hair is straight and healthier than it has ever been. It takes me 2 minutes in the morning. I comb it and go. I never have to worry about the weather or products. But, it isn't cheap and you have to go to someone with lots of experience. I had mine done in L.A. and it took 3.5 hours with an assistant. It cost me $300.00...not too bad considering San Diego and some other places are charging as much as $900.00-1,000.00.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:14 PM   #6
(female)

Cookie531 HB User
After I shampoo, I used John Frieda's glistening creme, then the corrective styling mousse and I let it air dry until its 50% dry, and then I blow dry it with NO BRUSH, just fingers. My hair comes out wavy which I like but with No Frizz at all. I'm not a big fan of the frizz ease serum, makes my hair greasy.

Old 10-20-2003, 06:41 PM   #7

raistlynne HB User
I have thick, wavy, color-treated hair, and I've found that for me, the Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Curl Maker (available at Sally Beauty Supply) is good when I want to just scrunch it and let it air dry. After I put some of that, I'll either use a glossing polish (Biosilk is very good line, only it's on the expensive side... As an alternative, you can get the Proclaim brand at Sally's for alot less money). Afterwards I use a little of Artec's Material to tame flyaways. When I want to blow-dry my hair straight, I put the Sebastian Shaper Hand Press Flattening Fluid in my hair. Once I've blow-dried it, I use the Artec stuff or the Proclaim polish to finish it off.

Hope this helps!

Old 10-21-2003, 04:08 AM   #8

XoThatGirlXoXo HB User
I have naturally curly hair but I like to blow dry it straight. I have the same problem with my hair getting frizzy especially in humidity. I used the John Frieda Frizz ease and its good but very expensive. There are 2 other brands that are the same thing, except cheaper. I noticed no difference in them except price. One of them is called Hask- Pure Shine Frizz remedy, its a serum, and the other is called Zero Frizz- anti frizz serum.You can get any of them at Walgreens, WalMart, Eckerd, etc. Now that Im in Europe I use Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur liquid silk serum. That is the best one, but Im not sure if its available in the states because its a European brand.

------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cant change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

§ Mary §

§ Mary §

Old 10-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #9
(female)

hobogirl HB User
I like the John Freida stuff too. I bought it last week and started using it. I put it on after I dry my hair then I straigten my hair with the dryer and I can tell a big difference. I color my hair too and it is dry and this works real good.

Closed Thread