It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 05:53 PM   #1

somechick HB User
Post 真olive oil, emu oil, camellia oil??

wuts the different between olive oil, emu oil, and camellia oil?? and which one of em makes wrinkles go away the best/most effective/fast, etc? and where can u buy them at? and how much? im only 14 and i have little tiny wrinkles on my face! because i never wear sunscreen but i started wearing them and how/when do i put them on? do i need like a cotton to rub on or do i just use my fingers, etc and how often?

thanx

Old 10-24-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I'm not sure of the differences between all the oils you mentioned, but i've been using a facial moisturiser called Emu Oil Day Cream. It's not an oil as such, but a lovely light weight cream and feels nice on my skin.

It depends on your skin type and your genes also. I've used numerous products in my 36 yrs and don't use a moisturiser every single day. Some days, particularly in the summer, i'll use aloe vera gel on my face. I've spent a lot of time in the Australian sun, yet hardly have a wrinkle. I put it down to the fact that in my teens and very early 20's i had rather oily skin.

Is your skin on the dry side? People with drier skin can notice fine visible lines at an earlier age. Make sure you are eating healthy and drinking a lot of water. Caffiene can dehydrate the skin also. So basically you need to look after yourself inside and out. Also, the expensive skin care products aren't always the best. Have you ever asked for a trial size of the product you would like to buy? then you will see how it feels and how your skin reacts to it without going to the actual expense of buying it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 08:03 PM   #3

joche HB User
All these 3 oils are primarily composed of Oleic acid and other essential fatty acids.

Camellia oil has the highest concentration of Oleic acid - over 80%, Olive oil has about 65% and Emu oil is about 40%. I read that Oleic acid is a skin cell regenerator and preserver, as well as an epidermic transporter of bioactive compounds. It's also very penetrative. Since Camellia oil has the most Oleic acid, they say that it's the most penetrative of all natural oils and is therefore more effective than others in anti-aging functions. I personally has had great success with it for getting rid of the lines on my forehead. I get this camellia oil on the Internet. I'm using the Silkia brand.

[This message has been edited by joche (edited 10-25-2003).]

Old 10-24-2003, 08:06 PM   #4

lilytooth HB User
will the oil cause acne?

Old 10-24-2003, 08:10 PM   #5

joche HB User
Just to add that you use your fingers to put the camellia oil all over your face, including your eye area. I put it on after washing my face every morning and night. I use it alone since it's very moisturizing already. When I go out in the morning I would put sunscreen on top, but usually after 30 minutes of applying the oil. The Silkia camellia oil I'm using is $17 for 2oz.

Old 10-24-2003, 08:13 PM   #6

joche HB User
I don't think it will cause acne. I have never experienced any breakouts from it. I think this is because it can penetrate deep down into the skin instead of just laying on top of your skin to clog pores.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:30 PM   #7

somechick HB User
where can u buy camelia oil? in drug stores? and do after i put it on, do i like wash it off or somethin or do i leave it on

Old 10-24-2003, 11:11 PM   #8
Inactive

roni624 HB User
I use camellia oil and I am hooked to this product. I love the way it makes my face feel. I also use it on my neck, knees, and feet. It also saves me the time of having to use treatment products for my face and eyes then going over it with moisturizer. It can be used on your face and eye area. joche...thanks again for letting me know about this product.-Roni

Old 10-25-2003, 02:32 AM   #9

JayLynn HB User
I'm 24 and I have been using Camellia oil for a little over a month now. Call me crazy, but I really feel like the lines between my eyebrows have gotten less noticable and my stretch marks seem less deep. It could be wishful thinking, but my husband said he noticed a slight difference too.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:44 AM   #10

volgirl HB User
You can get the 2-oz. Silkia camellia oil on ebay. I had to pay $12.00 plus $2.25 S&H. It's brand new, sealed and unopened.

Old 10-25-2003, 08:54 AM   #11

joche HB User
Somechick, you leave the oil on your face after you put it on. It'll sink right in after a short while (after you massage it into your face for about 2-3 minutes). Don't wash it off.

As Volgirl said, if you want to save money, you can buy this Silkia camellia oil on eBay. I bought it there once and found everything was OK.

Old 10-25-2003, 09:46 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Oh my, this Silkia Camillia Oil is awesome, isn't it? I've only been using it for a couple of days and my gosh, my skin even LOOKS different. And it feels like velvet, I must look like an idiot because I keep touching my cheeks. Yesterday I just stayed in so I didn't wear any make-up all day, but today I did my whole face and I noticed after it had been on for a few hours, where before my make-up would have settled slightly into those fine lines under my eyes, with the Camillia Oil my skin was so smooth there. How does it do that? I figured I wouldn't see any difference for at least a month, but I'm noticing a difference just after a couple of days. My skin was pretty nice to begin with but this is just short of amazing.

Old 10-25-2003, 10:43 PM   #13
(female)

swf HB User
Thanks to another thread telling me about Camelia Oil on this board, I bought it online and got it the other day. Tried it for the first time this morning and it is WONDERFUL! It goes on oily at first, (I only used 2 drops instead of the recommended 4 on the bottle), but you have to massage it into your skin until it disappears. My makeup went on so smoothly today and didn't "settle" into those fine lines like it usually does. My skin just looked better. I am looking forward to using it a while to see if those fine lines really do diminish. Even if they don't, I will keep using it as it is a great moisturizer and I like the way it makes my skin feel so soft and smooth.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

Old 10-26-2003, 06:36 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
now if they could only figure out a way to get sunscreen in there.....That's the only problem I have is I use Oil of Olay with sunscreen already in it for every day use, and the Camillia oil doesn't contain a sunscreen. So not sure what to do there, not sure if I want to put my Oil of Olay over the Camillia oil. What do the rest of you do? I don't use a regular sunscreen, I don't care for them so have always used moisturizer with it already added, but I'm not sure if putting a lotion over the oil is the thing to do or not. Any ideas?

Old 10-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #15

joche HB User
I wouldn't put a lotion with sunscreen on top of the camellia oil, because I'm not sure if its ingredients would interfere with that of the camellia oil and thus affect its effectiveness. I put a pure sunscreen on top and always wait for at least 30 minutes before doing so. How about others?

Closed Thread