It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2004, 09:41 PM   #1

kitten_kisses HB User
Eyebrow help...

I just got done plucking my eyebrows, and I lost the shape of them. Sometimes they have this great shape, and then 2 days later there are a lot of strays. Then I pluck. And I go overboard. And my beautiful shape is gone. My eyebrow hair grows in the wrong places and I'm just kind of bald in some spots. I know a lot of people say "stop plucking!" but it's not that easy. While they're growing in, I still want them to look groomed.

Is there any remedy anybody uses on eyebrows to make them grow in certain spots? I don't want the strays, I just need to fill in some spots and I want those hairs to grow in and quick! I've heard Rogaine works, but I would like other alternatives. In the meantime, I will stop plucking and use eyebrow pencils, but what should I do for actual hair to grow in these spots? Anything on the market that works? Help me!

Old 11-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #2

panda75 HB User
Re: Eyebrow help...

I am not for sure on what to do to get the hair to grow, but I can tell you that I only wax now because I find when I only pluck, I always mess up the shape of my brows. I only pluck maybe 3-4 hairs that I miss with the wax. I use the kind from Sallys that you can put in the microwave and it does not require any cloth strips. You just apply it then rip it off. It takes some practice but it looks so much better. Plus I dont get ingrowns when I wax like I do when I pluck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2004, 11:52 PM   #3

kitten_kisses HB User

Thanks for the idea panda!

Old 11-06-2004, 05:41 AM   #4
(female)

eirolg HB User

pluck one at a time. one hair makes a difference. your arch of they eyebrow should be about 3/4 of the way outward from ur nose to the outer end of your eye. let it grow in full, but pluck only the hair that grows where you KNOW you dont want it. also, if you want them to look groomed, try a brow styler. they come in colors, but clear is the best in my opinion. its like mascara for ur eyebrows. use the clear BEFORE you pluck so you know where all the hairs are going to "lay". hope that helps!

Old 11-06-2004, 12:01 PM   #5

kitten_kisses HB User

Thanks, eirolg!

Old 11-08-2004, 12:14 PM   #6
Inactive

beautyskindeep HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_kisses
I just got done plucking my eyebrows, and I lost the shape of them. Sometimes they have this great shape, and then 2 days later there are a lot of strays. Then I pluck. And I go overboard. And my beautiful shape is gone. My eyebrow hair grows in the wrong places and I'm just kind of bald in some spots. I know a lot of people say "stop plucking!" but it's not that easy. While they're growing in, I still want them to look groomed.

Is there any remedy anybody uses on eyebrows to make them grow in certain spots? I don't want the strays, I just need to fill in some spots and I want those hairs to grow in and quick! I've heard Rogaine works, but I would like other alternatives. In the meantime, I will stop plucking and use eyebrow pencils, but what should I do for actual hair to grow in these spots? Anything on the market that works? Help me!
The eyebrows experts to the stars all say that you should have them shaved by a pro. Shaving will give you a more sculptured brow and with waxing the hair folicle grows back weak so if you accidently wax a crucial piece of hair chances are it won't grow back the same thickness or length, in time your brows become retard. If you shaved your whole brow off and let it grow back the hair would grow back much darker and thicker. But no one's that crazy.

Closed Thread