It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2004, 05:15 AM   #1

Denise73 HB User
Unhappy Bumps under eyes/on lower eyelid

I have little bumps under my eyes. A couple doctors have told me that they are cholesterol deposits. In doing some research, I found that they aren't in the right place to be cholesterol deposits.

Does anyone else have these, and has anyone done anything to get rid of them? I have had them for about as long as I can remember, and they make me self-conscious and make me look older than I am.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2004, 10:00 AM   #2

shannonmac HB User
Re: Bumps under eyes/on lower eyelid

I have white bumps under my eyes & on my eyelid. I was told they are millia. They are fat and toxin deposits just under the skin. They can be removed by a dermatoligist by puncturing the skin and squezzing them out. I was also told they are a result of eating too much dairy, but I haven't been able to find out if that is true or not!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2004, 10:16 AM   #3

fiejenn1 HB User

the milia part is true, the dairy is not. you dont have pores around your eyes, so if you put really thick moisturizer or put your eye creams up too high or on the lid, milia forms. and your right, only derms can get rid of them so dont try urself or you could damage the delicate skin around ur eyes.

make sure when you wear eye cream to just pat a very small amount on the bone right underneath your eye and on top of ur brow bone. never on the lid and never right below. the heat from below your eye will draw what it needs in

Old 11-14-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User

Interesting!! Ive never heard of this,,I also have these bumps just under my eyes...they are a pain in the a$$,,,I cant afford to go to a dermatologist, so guess I'll have to live with them~

Old 04-01-2005, 03:29 PM   #5

Denise73 HB User

Thanks everyone,

These bumps are not milia. They are not white-they are skin colored. It looks kind of like-for lack of a better phrase-chicken skin. It's like I have a rash under there, but it's not irritated or red. I have found other people have this problem, and it is caused by premature aging and the thinning of the skin under the eyes.

There are products out there that get rid of them, but I have only found 2 so far. One is Yonka Phyto Contour eye balm. It is the cheaper of the 2 at $27 for 0.5 oz w/ free shipping at one place. Some testimonials said it got rid of milia and the kind of bumps I have.

So, I am going to try that. Otherwise, I will have to go to a dermatologist.

If anyone has info on any other products that get rid of this type of thing, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks for all of your input. It took me a long time to find the answer to this.

~Denise

Old 04-02-2005, 03:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise73
....These bumps are not milia. They are not white-they are skin colored. It looks kind of like-for lack of a better phrase-chicken skin. It's like I have a rash under there, but it's not irritated or red. I have found other people have this problem, and it is caused by premature aging and the thinning of the skin under the eyes.

There are products out there that get rid of them, but I have only found 2 so far. One is Yonka Phyto Contour eye balm. ....

~Denise
Denise, I too suffer from this "chicken skin" under my eyes that makes me look older, from what I can remember I've always had it. I didn't wear much make up till I was almost 20, and it looks a lot worse now, depite taking care of myself.

If you have any luck with the Yonka Phyto, please follow up. I may even try it myself...

Closed Thread