It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User
Anyone wear JUST pressed powder and concealer ?

If your nota huge foundatin fan like myself...u probably have triedseveral with no real success...I seem to only like wearing a nice pressed powder(clinque) its simply just a powder no foundation in it...qte sheer and i usea concealer around the eyes or overa blemish..i just dont like the feel of foundation on my skin...anyone else feel like this?

Old 12-24-2004, 01:15 PM   #2

just_imagine HB User
Re: Anyone wear JUST pressed powder and concealer ?

I hate wearing foundation too, but unfortunately with my bad skin I have to wear it to look relatively normal. I would kill to just wear a little concealer and pressed powder though - that is my dream! The day I can only wear those two things is the day I'll feel I've conquered acne!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

I'm 50......I have NEVER worn foundation and women always ask me what foundation I wear because my skin looks so clear. Go figure!

I do use concealer first (Bags away by Quo) and apply it on the face in some areas as well before I powder.

Because my skin is so fair, I've had to switch from a transparent to a 2 in 1.....Clinique Superpowder Double in Matte Cream AND Matte Ivory.

I don't use it wet, only dry with a small powder brush. In the more transparent areas I find the Matte Cream gives them a bit more colour...then I apply the Matte Ivory all over.

Maybe one day I'll use foundation, NAH!!!......with concealer and powder the coverage is very good.

With the 2 in 1, using it with a sponge would be more coverage, and then wet of course...I've never tried it wet, but maybe in the summer.

Best to you,
quincy

Old 12-24-2004, 04:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I only use pressed powder and concealer. I can't stand foundation. It just makes my skin feel gross.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:19 AM   #5
(female)

JackieC HB User

Hi Ladies,

Some information on a brand/product that you might enjoy!

Check out www.barsense.com they do a range of foundations that are in powder form for those of you that want some coverage but prefer the feel of a powder.

Basically, they are a miracle. I use them all the time on my clients and in photographic work. I love them. They are mineral based, so contain no powder, talc, perfumes or binding ingredients. So good in fact you can sleep in them! They are approved by the cancer society too!

They give little coverage or a lot, depending on how much you put on. They even double up as a concealer.

JACKIE X

Old 12-26-2004, 10:01 AM   #6
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User

hey.. i hate the feel of foundation on my skin too. My stepmom always had flawless looking skin and i caught her using Shiseido SP powders.. bought myself some and WOW I have never gotten so many compliments on my skin in my life =) The great thing about this powder is that its got spf 32 in it and it smells really good - the coverage is really great and it stays on all day. Normally I have oily skin, but with this powder I never have to re-apply. Sure beats the liquid stuff.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:26 PM   #7
(female)

catie1 HB User

Hi kimzi81,

that powder sounds great. Can you get Shiseido from department stores or do you have to order it online? I usually just buy Revlon or one of those brands, but really a better powder probably makes a real difference. I also don't like the feeling of foundation but I haven't found a powder that looks very good. Also is that the pressed powder or loose powder? Because I looked on their website and they didn't give much info on it. They had pressed, loose, and some kind of powder in a tube with a brush. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by catie1; 12-26-2004 at 12:45 PM.

Old 12-27-2004, 12:02 PM   #8
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User

hey catie1,
you can buy it in the major department stores. It's kinda pricey..around 25 bucks but it's worth it. It comes in a bright blue compact.. when you look on the website, click on Suncare link, not the makeup one. Good luck =)

Kim

Old 12-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I wear a concealer, but not any foundation unless I'm going to some events. Sometimes I use a bronzer (from MAC) which helps a lot with the overall skin look. I think a bronzer makes my skin look much more healthy and glowy than foundation.

Old 12-29-2004, 03:35 AM   #10
(female)

princessdani HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy Johnson
i just dont like the feel of foundation on my skin...anyone else feel like this?
Completely.
I don't wear any foundation/powder/concealer at all. If I get a spot or something sure I'll cover it up with a blob of foundation but apart from that I don't wear it.

x x x

Last edited by princessdani; 12-29-2004 at 03:35 AM.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:27 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

I'm with you. I used to spend lots of money on foundation but I never liked any of it. I have oily skin too. None of them kept the oil at bay for long even though they claimed to. I like using powder. I get my makeup on in the morning so much faster too.
That Shiseido SP powder sounds great. A bit pricey maybe but I'm tempted to get some.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The absence of flaw in beauty is itself a flaw.
-Havelock Ellis-

Closed Thread