It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2005, 07:03 AM   #1

NeverBeenInLove HB User
Angry eye liner on the inner eyelid

How do girls make their eyeliner stay on? If I use eyeliner on my inner eyelid it usually comes off after 5 minutes. So I take the end of my mascara brush and dab mascara on my eyelid all the way til the whole lid is covered. It stays on basically all night. But is there anyway to use an eyeliner on the inner eyelid and make it last all night? Anybody have tips?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2005, 08:22 AM   #2
(female)

Drakes_mom HB User
Re: eye liner on the inner eyelid

Well......I know this is fashionable and it does really accent the eye, but the reason it doesn't stay on there ( if I am thinking correctly and you are meaning the actual rim of the eye itself as opposed to below it ) is - it's not meant to. That part of the eye should be kept clear of eyeliner -
"Make-up and cosmetics, especially inner lid margin eye-liner can block the numerous meibomian glands, cause stasis, infections, discomfort and lens deposits" as the eye doctors say.
So for your eye's sake, and to avoid irritation and infection, try applying the liner as close to the lash line as possible, but not on that rim.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 AM   #3

froggy123 HB User

I don't apply my eyeliner to my inner lid because it makes my eyes water and feel like an eyelash is in my eye. But I have 2 techniques to make my eyeliner stay on. If I feel like using an eyeliner pencil, I make sure it's not an actual pencil like you have to sharpen, rather more like a crayon (sorry, thats the only way I know to describe it) like the kind that you twist the plastic to make it come up more. Instead of one straight line across my eye, I've found that if you sort of dab it inbetween your eyelashes, it helps stay on better, especially after i put on a waterproof mascara. The technique that I use more often is using one of those little makeup brushes, that are really small, it's angled, and flat. Instead of using eyeliner, i like to use some of my favorite darker eyeshadows. Or actually, I've found that Target has this stuff that you dip the brush into water and use it with teh eyeshadow and it kinda turns into eyeliner. That stuff is great, but i don't use it with water. Anyways, as close to my eyelashes as I can get, i use the brush to sort of sweep the eyeshadow across my eyelid where the eyelashes are. Ive found that if you do this before and after you put on normal eyeshadow it looks really good. I guess more natural than a chunky eyeliner pencil. If you have cable, there's this show, what not to wear, and at the end, they do the peoples makeup. I watch that part, because the person who does it is really good, and the stuff she does can pretty much work for anyone.
I hope this helped, and you could figure out what I said.

Old 02-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

Wow, I'm quilty of this one. I have always done this on my lower lid.
I use a black pencil and it doesn't stay all day and I have never had a problem.
I reapply it mid afternoon. Right now I am just using Cover Girl Perfect Blend?

Old 02-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It's not really a healthy option....and unless you sterilise the pencil before each application, one's scarily flirting with potential disaster.

Once in a while for impact would be better than daily.

Besides, it doesn't really look that flattering in my opinion. There are many other options one can do to make the eyes look intense, seductive and sexy!!

quincy

Old 02-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I have done this for years and go to the eye dr. every year and never had a problem. I'm sure each person is different. At my age I can't cake on outter make up to look seductive nor sexy LOL Less is best and that is all I use with a smidge of mascara.

Old 02-04-2005, 02:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

I am 31 and have been using cover girl basic black since I was 14. I never had a eye problem from it. It last about 4 hours before I have to reapply. I love the way my eyes look when eyeliner is applied inside the eyelid. More people should wear it like this.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:34 PM   #8

djg HB User

I've done this for years and feel bald eyed without it I find over the years a few things that work well for me. Waterproof crayon type softer eyepencils. Lancome or Tony & Tina (herbal pencil) that glides on like a dream. You can also take eyeshadows and a flat stiffer brush...dip it into visne and apply right into the underneath lash line and work it up into the lashes. Visne in anything will give you staying power all day.
Bobbi Brown gel liners have all day staying power too.

Old 02-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

i used to wear my eyeliner on my lower lids UNDER my lashes but i started putting it on the inner rim as well and started liking it better! now people say its not good for you.. but doctors say that it is OK.. just make sure you sharpen your pencil so it is fresh & clean each time so you wont get infections or any germs in your eye. when i first started wearing it like this, my eyes woudl water and it would feel like something was in it, but then it just stopped after a few times of trying it out. mine fades too but when i use the twist up automatic kinds, it fades even faster for me! i dont bother using waterproof ones b/c they just come off too. i use a $1 kind that works ok.. but my friend has an Indian eyeliner that stays on the best!! but you would have to go to an Indian store for that! mine lasted a long time!

Old 02-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #10
(female)

renee46 HB User

I am guility of lining my inner rims sometimes, and I used Loreal Intensifique liquid eyelilner. I LOVE this eyeliner. First of all, it's so richly pigmented...and it stays on FOREVER, even on your inner rims. There's been countless times I've gone to sleep with my makeup on and I wake up, and my mascara is all gone and so is my face makeup, but my eyeliner still looks perfect! Give it a try!

Old 02-09-2005, 09:27 PM   #11
(female)

shortygal99 HB User

I've been lining my inner eyelid for years, never had any issues with it either. That is my primary way of wearing liner, but I also sometimes only wear on the lashline, and sometimes line the inner lid, then smudge some black shadow along the lashline below it, for a more bold smokier look. I'm sure everyone is different, but it works for me

Old 02-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #12
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

yeah i think it looks good both ways so the liquid liner actually works good?? i just never expected liquid to stay on well! i should give it a try.. definitely worth it if it stays on that well!!

Old 02-13-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
(female)

renee46 HB User

FYI: the loreal eyeliner I was talking about goes by a different name now. It used to be called "Intesifique", now it's called Lineur Intense.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #14
Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User

oh okay... do you know does this only work with THAT kind of liquid liner.. or does it work with others?? i tried with a maybelline one i had.. and it kept leaking into my eye!! yikes!! i think my inner rims were too wet... hmm

Old 02-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #15
(female)

renee46 HB User

yeah, you need to make sure the rims of your eyes are kinda dry before you try it. I've tried other kinds of liquid eyeliners and they don't stay on or are dark at all. I guess it must be something in this particular eyeliner that makes it stay on.

Closed Thread