It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
(female)

Moon Rising HB User
Best moisturizers

Any good face moisturizers out there that dont break you out for Fair skin???Expensive ones, cheap one's. I just want the best and there are so many. I've been using Pro-Active oil free and i'm not to impressed with it. Any good eye creams too.

----Moon

Old 04-15-2005, 05:06 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User
Re: Best moisturizers

I have fair normal/dry skin and have been using Palmers cocoa butter mixed w/ a drop of either Vit E oil /Jojoba oil and my skin is in great condtion. Super soft and elastin. I stopped wastign my money on the expensive brands ages ago once I realized they did no more for me then using all natural products that can be found at drug stores and grocery stores. Things like coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, macadamina nut oil, & camellia oil are all excellent for the skin and body and not expensive and I use all of them at different times for different things. You shoudl look each one up on-line to see which one's pertain to your neeeds more though I find that all of them have such amazing effects on the skin and body so I just always have them all on hand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Veggigodess,
Thanks for the info, sounds like something I'd like to try. Have you ever tried colostrum moisturizer? I have thought about trying that one, but would like some feedback on it if someone has tried it.
---Moon

Old 04-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

colostrum as in the initial substance from a pregnant womens breast?

Old 04-16-2005, 06:58 AM   #5
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

yes, but its from a cow not a human. You can buy it for your hair too, but I never tried it.

Old 04-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #6

joche HB User

I like natural oils as moisturizers. I've used many creams that are either too heavy or not moisturizing at all. My favorites are Silkia camellia oil and extra virgin olive oil. I sometimes top it with an Oil of Olay cream and my skin glows and feels like velvet.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:03 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

The thought of using colostrum derived from any creature just is such a gross icky thought to me. So no I haven't tried it
I'd try out the different natural oils mixed w/ your favorite lotion/cream.

Old 04-16-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Veggigoddess,
Do you drink milk? Eat cheese or Icecream or any dairy product? I'm guessing your a veggitarian by your post name. Thats ok with me. Colostrum just doesnt bother me, I really dont care what it is made of, just so it works. I am going to try the olive oil with the palmers cocoa butter. I have the tub of it with the E but I think it's to thick and greesy. I'll try the lotion. Do they make a palmers face lotion? Do you have to get the Silkia Camellia oil from a health food store? and do you use the extra virg olive oil from a grocery store or do you buy some special kind? Thanks.
--Moon

Old 04-16-2005, 06:22 PM   #9

joche HB User

I got the Silkia camellia oil online and extra virgin olive oil from grocery store.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

veggigoddess HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Rising
Veggigoddess,
Do you drink milk? Eat cheese or Icecream or any dairy product? I'm guessing your a veggitarian by your post name. Thats ok with me. Colostrum just doesnt bother me, I really dont care what it is made of, just so it works. I am going to try the olive oil with the palmers cocoa butter. I have the tub of it with the E but I think it's to thick and greesy. I'll try the lotion. Do they make a palmers face lotion? Do you have to get the Silkia Camellia oil from a health food store? and do you use the extra virg olive oil from a grocery store or do you buy some special kind? Thanks.
--Moon
Hey there!
I am vegetarian not vegan. The fact that I think it's gross though has nothing to do w/ my being veg though. I just find the thought gross. If you try it and it works then great! I found the Silkia Camellia oil on-line and I use organic extra virgin olive oil. Palmer's actually has a website you should check out and they provide the option to buy on line from them. Many of their products I have never seen in stores. I do not use a cocoa butter specifically for the face as I find it unnecessary.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

I have very fair sensitive skin. Pond's cold cream works real well for me, I use it in the shower and wipe it off gently with a towel and my skin has never been so nice.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:09 PM   #12
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

I found a New Palmers cocoa butter with olive oil today that i'm going to try. I'll let you know how it works in about a week.

Old 04-17-2005, 07:39 PM   #13
(female)

jeanette93 HB User

I have been using Dormer 211 cream for the past month. It is excellent, contains hyaluronic acid, so here in Canada you have to ask the druggist for it. Its kept behind the counter, or they will order it for you. Its not expensive.

Old 04-17-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

jeanette93,
I used to get a diaper rash cream from a druggist that mixes it here at a compunding pharmacy called 2-2-1 cream for about $10 . I swear it was the best stuff
I have ever used for my kids and I used it for 10 years on all 3 of them. 2 jars lasted 10 years, because I never had a problem with them getting diaper rash. I wonder if it is the same thing? If my kids had diaper rash, I put that on, it was gone the very next day. They changed the name and now call it Baby Butt Balm. I never tried it on my face, I bet its the same thing. I'll have to ask. 10 years ago it was prescription only, but now its not. Thanks for sharing that with me.
---Moon

Old 06-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
(female)

canadianiam HB User

I also use Palmer's Cocoa Butter on my face, it is excellent! I've spent so much money on face moisturizers, and nothing works like cocoa butter. At night time i use this really thick vitamin E cream with elastin, it's by Jamieson, and its for Dry to Very Dry skin (its also for wrinkles). My face feels sooo smooth in the morning. I normally have vey dry skin and my skin is very sensitve. Having dry skin causes me bad breakouts so these products work great for me and don't clog my pores (though im also using Differin cream once a day to treat the breakouts that existed before using this cream, the combination of both the face creams and the differin is doing wonders for my skin!). I have also tried Dormer 211 (if thats correct) but it was on the shelf so im not sure if its the same as the one the previous poster mentioned. Oh! My sister also talked about some kind of organic face cream that has cocao butter and a lot of oils that are good for your face. A lot of people think if you smeared oil all over your face you would get zits, but its actually really good for your face, just make sure your face is clean (just dont over wash it either!!! hehe). GOod LuCk!

Closed Thread