It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
(female)

Louthedog HB User
Question Oily skin..need foundation help!

HI all
I am a 41 year old female with oily skin..almost every foundation I use seems to slide down my face after a couple of hours..
Does anyone have any suggestions for foundation for oily skin??

Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
(female)

ali_moran HB User
Re: Oily skin..need foundation help!

Hi,
I also have oilier skin. I use Clinique Superbalanced foundation. I works very well for me. I also use their super city spf 25 under it, (and facial moisturizer) and it still stays put. I apply it with a foundation brush so i don't put too much on, and then i gently press on the pressed powder over it to make sure it doesn't get too shiny. During the day i use 1 or 2 oil blotting papers to help with the shiny t-zone. Good luck.

Alison

Last edited by ali_moran; 04-19-2005 at 10:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2005, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

Louthedog HB User

thanks, I will try it

Old 04-20-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
(female)

Skinnylegs HB User

Try Bare Minerals. Use the Mineral Veil first then the foundation and then the mineral veil again. It seems to work better than regular foundation for me. I tend to be very shiny using foundation but this mineral makeup seemed to help. They have a money back guarantee. Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

frustrated35 HB User

I agree with Skinnylegs! I tend to be oily in the T-zone, and have wasted a lot of money trying different foundations. Always found that after applying it, I felt my skin was too caked up and even more oily. Bare Minerals is so light and covers nicely. I don't sell it, but I highly recommend it. Saw it on TV, was skeptical and found it at this cosmetic store in Houston called "Ulta". Not sure if it's anywhere else, so if you don't feel comfortable buying it online or off the TV, check it out at the store.

Old 04-23-2005, 04:13 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

I hear ya! My skin is also very oily and I often would struggle with foundations. I like Clinique as well - I think it is Superfit that I use.

Have any of you tried Photofinish by Smashbox? I LOVE THE STUFF! You put it on before you apply foundation. It has a very light and strange feeling - like silica or something. You only need a small bit. Anyhow, you apply this before you put on your foundation. It makes your foundation go on sooooo smooth - and I also feel like it isn't running off my face by the end of the day.

I swear by this stuff. It is pricey ($36) but will last awhile - and is worth every penny. Let me know if you have tried it or if you decide to.

Good luck!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:05 AM   #7
(female)

mei HB User

I have oily skin too. Usually when I notice my face is shiny n make up gets a bit runny, I will clean my face with cleansing wipes or juz wash my face with soap and then reapply my makeup.

Old 04-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
(female)

BrendaStar HB User

Try Model's Prefer, I have had trouble with foundation staying on too. This works well. She has a video of how to apply the make-up and concealers. This is the only concealer I have used that helped my dark circles under the eyes. You really get alot of product for the price.

Closed Thread