It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Microdermabrasion "home kits"?

Has anybody used those microdermabrasion home kits? Usually cost about $30 or so. Can anybody suggest a good brand? I can't afford a dermatologist or beautician's prices!!

Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: Microdermabrasion "home kits"?

Ok, I"ve used Lancone "Resurfacing" and also Susan Lucci "Youthful" I happen to like both. Susan's exfoliator is pretty rough and then you use the massager and massage it for a few minutes (it vibrates your eyeballs, so go gently)and I think that is what makes my skin look so fresh and youthful, the massager which vibrates all the cells and brings the blood to your face. Does make the skin look more fresh and rested. The Lancone is just prepare the face with a special pad, rinse it off, put on the glycolic lotion, rise off and then put on the moisturizer. Tonight is the first night I've used Ponds new 3 step Professional at home anti-wrinkle kit. I'm a little disappointed as my face still feel rather sticky and I don't like that feel. Lancones absorbs instantly no greasy or sticky feel. If I had to choose it would be Lancone's Resurfacing for about 30 bucks at Nordstrom or Macy. BUT what I really think is, you could probably get the same effect if you used Susan's massager (or one similar)with good hydrant moisturizer (one that you like to use)if you could stand the vibration for about 5 minutes twice a day! I'm not a believer in anti-wrinkle stuff, I think it is a scam, but I like to try the products within these kits, Lancone's moisturizer was really good. I am a Ponds userer from way back so I was a bit disappointed in this sticky feel, which is still sticky after 50 minutes, I'm not sure which of the products gave the sticky feel, the exfoliate, the glycolic pad or the moisturizer. I think I'll try just one different one each night to see which makes me feel sticky then I'll not use that portion of the kit. The Ponds was $19.88, Susan Lucci was $30 and the Lancone was $39. I've seen similar facial massagers like susan's in other microdermabrasions kits in the drug stores. I haven't tried them all yet but the Susan's massager with the removable sponge head to massage the exfoliate into the skin with does make the skin feel good afterwards. Just my experience so far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

can you buy that stuff in stores? As you can see from my post above I've tried a few and liked a couple for different reasons so I'm willing to give all a try before I settle with anything.

Old 05-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I love Epidermx too. I haven't seen it in any stores yet. Have been using it in conjunction with Silkia camellia oil for over 8 months and gotten great results for my acne scar pits. The pits are not completely gone but drastically plumped up. My skin looks very bright, clear and glowing. I use it 2x a week and Silkia oil 2x a day everyday.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

Thanks, y'all!! I don't have bad wrinkles, but I have some lumpy-ish scars and several freckles and age spots. This will help me!!

Closed Thread