It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2005, 03:37 AM   #1
(female)

hairy_gurl HB User
freckles and makeup

I have a lot of freckles, so it looks a bit silly if I wear foundation... However, I have lots of blackheads on my nose, forhead and chin that I want to cover up, but I don´t know if there is a product that can help me.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I was thinking of trying clinique pore minimizer or something similar - has anyone tried this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
(female)

sixx788 HB User
Re: freckles and makeup

I have freckles and I wear foundation. I don't think it's silly at all. Unless you like your freckles, I hate mine, so I am always trying to cover them up. Plus, when you do keep them covered, it helps them to fade. I hardly have any anymore. But I wear Alexis Vogel makeup. I love it! Her foundation is awesome. I used to wear Max Factor Pan Stick, which is ok, but it can be cakey. I would try Alexis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #3

Blue102 HB User

I think it's fine for people with freckles to wear foundation. But if you clear up the blackheads, then you won't have to. Try using toner pads after you wash your face at night, followed by a good nighttime moisturizer. In the morning, wash your face really well with soap, and then put an SPF moisturizer on. Follow this routine every day. If you're eating right and drinking a lot of water, I'll bet your blackheads will go away, and you won't need to worry about makeup.

Old 05-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I don't think it's silly to wear foundation. First I'd get rid of the blackheads, though. There's a zillion products that will remove them or prevent them. Then I'd use a very sheer foundation that matches your skin tone - don't cover your freckles completely, just sort of "veil" them. The foundation should even out your skin tone and make your freckles look more subtle. Freckles can be kinda cute. I've got a few and my sister has jillions, and men find both of us attractive.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #5
(female)

LOtRsfan HB User

i do not think its silly to wear foundation when you have freckles, i have a few, i used to have alot when i was younger, but their fading a little now,until the sun makes them come out, i also get blackheads, on my nose,chin and some above my nose, but i wear foundation..don't cover up your freakles, as alot of guys think its cute when girls have freckles, just cover up your imperfections, but don't apply to much make up round where you have blackheads, otherwise your pores will become blocked and make blackhead worse...

Closed Thread