It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
Inactive

LeeLee3 HB User
Olay Radiance

I was just interested in hearing about others' experiences with this product. I've used Jergen's Natural Glow (a sister product to Radiance), and I like it, but it's been out of stock everywhere I looked since I got my first bottle. For now, I'm going to use Neutrogena's sunless tanner for my face since the color develops faster than Jergen's, and you don't have to use as much. My body is tan from being outside (yes I do use SPF 30!), so I think I'm going to save the Jergen's for the cooler seasons when I want a little color. I'm also interested in Olay Radiance, because there has been plenty of it on the shelves, and I may never see Jergen's again! At least, not until the popularity wears off. I saw that a poster on the Jergen's thread prefers Olay because of the smell. Anyone else try it?

Old 06-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

habitue HB User
Re: Olay Radiance

LeeLee,

I just picked up a bottle of it today. I don't believe its supposed to get you as dark as Jergens, but I can never get my hands on the stuff. Olay Radiance does have a nice light smell that disappears quickly, though...a definite plus considering the heavy smell of some self tanners (haven't smelled Jergens Natural Glow myself).

habitue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

I just got the Jergens Natural Glow and it smells very, very nice at first but after a couple hours, the smell is just putrid. I can't stand it! Sure, I'll have a tan, but no one is gonna want to come within 10 feet of me! How is the Olay Radiance after a couple hours? Does it smell after several hours of application?

Old 06-09-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

habitue HB User

There is no gross smell at all, it smells like regular lotion. A few hours after applying, what little smell there was has almost completely dissapated.

Last edited by habitue; 06-09-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:09 AM   #5

Chrystnamigs HB User

I have both....i bought olay radiance because I could not find Jergans anywhere. I eventually found Jergans and bought it, but I cant stand the smell. It smells like a self tanner. Olay radiance has such a nice smell so I have been using that more.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
(female)

blitzkrieg79 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystnamigs
I have both....i bought olay radiance because I could not find Jergans anywhere. I eventually found Jergans and bought it, but I cant stand the smell. It smells like a self tanner. Olay radiance has such a nice smell so I have been using that more.

It's good to know that the Olay doesn't have a bad smell I was considering trying it but I made the mistake of buying the Jergens. I was really disappointed to find that the Jergens Natural Glow has the same horrible smell as most other self-tanners have.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #7
(female)

habitue HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystnamigs
Chrystnamigs, Does Olay get you as tan as Jergens? Seems like Olay wins when it comes to smell, but I'm wondering how the products compare regarding darkness...

Old 06-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #8

Chrystnamigs HB User

I have to be quite honest....i am already pretty dark. I go tanning at a salon...so I dont know why i even bought these two products, LOL. I am a salesmans delight. I have to try all new products. So I really didnt by them for the tanning as much as for the moisturizing and the slight shimmer they both give you. I definitly prefer the Olay one though. I find the Jergans to be a little sticky too. I just love the smell of the Olay one soo much! But like i said as far as for color...it is hard to say.

Old 06-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #9
Inactive

LeeLee3 HB User

I just got the Jergens Natural Glow and it smells very, very nice at first but after a couple hours, the smell is just putrid. I can't stand it!

I think Jergen's smell is even stronger than most self-tanners I've used! The reason I like it is because of the evenness of the color. Neutrogena self-tanner works well for my face, but it gets blotchy when used on my body - I probably don't do a good enough job applying it, but never have that problem with Jergen's. One time I got a big patch of it on my foot, but that's the only complaint I have with the application.

I think I'm going to try Olay once I use up my Jergen's, and the weather gets cooler. I'm not that concerned with getting dark color - I just want a little color in the fall once my tan starts to fade, or if I can't get outside enough in the summer.

Old 06-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #10
(female)

ali_206 HB User

I have Olay Radiance and absolutely love it!! It has a nice light yet fresh smell and does not feel greasy like some do. It leaves my skin soft while gradually giving it a nice color. I don't think it is designed for giving one a really dark tan, but if you want a little bit of natural looking color Olay Radiance is perfect. I would like to try jergens, but like everyone else can't seem to get a hold of it!!!

Hope this helps!!

Closed Thread