It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
(female)

Renee518 HB User
Question Certain Dri Questions

Hi all,

I have read post where people swear by this Certain Dri.
Over the past 5+ years I have had underarm wetness..even when it's cold. I live in Texas so when it's hot its like REALLY bad! I sometimes wear a jacket durin the hot summer days just to hide this! BLAH
So anyways.. I was reading the post about this and ran to walgreans and got some. It was a little over $6 but I thought it's atleas worth a try...
They only had a roll on type. Is That what yall use?
I have pretty sentisive skin, so I'm a little worried about the reaction my skin will have, but to tell you the truth I would way rather have a rash or itch then this wetness!
I shower at night, it says not to put it on after you shower.(I usually put my reg deot. on after my shower at night and in the morning. So should I take my shower and wate a hour or so before I put it on?
I will not feel contforable if I don't put ANY deort. on in the morning before work, so is it ok to use my reg. deot. also?
How long does it take to start working?
Sorry about all the questions, I just saw all the warnings and it kind of scared me.
Is there anyone here that has used this and it doesnt work... or causes wetness to become worse?
All this seems too good to be true!
I'm SO hoping it works for me like I have hear dit has worked for other please.
Any advice or answers would be SUPER helpful!
Im going to start using it after my shower tongiht! Wish me luck
Thanks all,
Renee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2005, 09:07 PM   #2

sptn_dean HB User
Re: Certain Dri Questions

Yep, I don't think they make any other kind besides roll-on... I don't have very sensitive skin, but sometimes when I would put Certain-Dri on, my skin would burn pretty intensely for a minute or two, and then sometimes it would be itchy, but it wasn't really anything super unbearable at all. I take a shower twice a day so I would put it on directly after a shower... my skin might have been more sensitive that way but again, nothing unbearable. I think it works pretty much immediately after you start using it, at least it did when I first started.

I loved it a lot, it stopped a very embarrassing problem for me, but after a month or two of use it stopped working for me. I dunno! I might use it again if the problem gets bad once again, but for now it's been tolerable.

Old 06-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
(female)

Renee518 HB User

OK well I used it lastnight. As soon as I put it on it BURNED like CRAZY! I was like ohh my goodness is this worth it..
So I woke up this morning and it was still REALLY burning. It was also red. Through out the day my under arms were so sore.
There still sore.
But the wetness is just about GONE!!!
So I guess I will give it another try. I just so hope this pain and rash doesnt get worse!
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks Dean for the reply!
Renee

Old 06-28-2005, 09:11 PM   #4
(female)

Renee518 HB User

No Help from ANYONE!?

Old 06-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #5

sptn_dean HB User

I remember mine being pretty sore sometimes too. I would keep it up for maybe two more nights- one every other night- and if the pain continues, I'd probably stop using it!

Old 06-29-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
(female)

Renee518 HB User

Its still sore but no AS bad as yesterdy!
It's still pretty red though. I"m too scared to shave!!!!!!
It's not keeping me compleatly dry... but I think it's better then before I used it.
Ill keep you updated.
Thanks agian Dean.
Renee

Old 06-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
(female)

djpihavems HB User

yes, it burns. but, it is the ONLY thing that works. keep using it according to the directions. i used my regular deodorant with it as well. after awhile, you won't need to apply it as often. twice a day to once a day to every other day.

are you female and in your mid-twenties? because usually excessive sweating is hormonal, and just runs its course. it will eventually stop.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #8
(female)

Renee518 HB User

Hi Im 21,
But this has been going on since I was like 12.. so I don't know.
I use it only once, right before bed.
When I wake up in th emorning I put on my regular deodorant on and it burns like hell.
Show I shave w/ this rash or shold I just waite?
It burning is gettig alittle beter...it just feels rawl.
Thanks,
~Renee

Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
(female)

InnerSerenity HB User

Hi, I began using certain dri about 5 years ago...I do remember getting a rash and it burning for awhile after I started using it, but that did go away (I'm not sure how long it took though). I always had the pit stains and it was very embarassing, but now I only apply it about once or twice a week and I still don't sweat. I love this product.

Old 06-29-2005, 08:34 PM   #10
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

Does anyone know if you can use this product nursing? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I would like to know.
Thanks, Ralinda

Old 06-30-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
(female)

blitzkrieg79 HB User

Don't use it every night! My skin is far from being sensitive but this stuff will give me an unbearable rash if I use it that often. I use Certain-Dri about 2 or 3 times a week and then use Lady Mitchum (awesome stuff) every morning.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:14 PM   #12
(female)

Christine88 HB User

I love Certain Dri. It's the only thing that works for me. About the irritation,at first I had that but usually now I don't, unless I use it right after I take my shower. Don't put it on every night and try to limit the use, don't roll it on too many times! Good luck..

Old 06-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #13
(female)

linda funk HB User

can I ask all of you how long you have used Certain Dry? Just curious due to reading someone elses reply that he used it about a month and it quit working. Thanks in advance. Linda

Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #14
(female)

keltlana HB User

I've been using Certain Dry for several years during the summer months and it hasn't stopped working for me. I have really sensitive skin and would never dream of putting it on after a shower if I had shaved my armpits- OUCH!!!! I have never gotten to the point where it doesn't itch and burn, but I have figured out that putting neosporin or benadryl cream on when it starts to hurt helps a little bit. Good luck!

Old 07-04-2005, 04:44 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User

I bought Certain Dri after reading about it on this thread, and I am absolutely amazed at how well it worked for me!!! I would be in and out of drug stores once a week trying ANOTHER kind of anti-perspirant with the hopes that it would actually be the one that would work! So much money wasted. Nothing kept me completely dry. But I tried the certain dri and the first night it stung so bad I couldn't sleep for about an hour. But the next day I was at an all day picnic in the 90 degree heat playing volleyball and I didn't sweat a drop from my armpits. It was amazing! I didn't even use regular deodorant that morning- it felt like the certain dri worked. I didn't use it the next night, but the next day I didn't sweat either! I used it again last night (trying for every other night) and it didn't burn nearly as bad as the first night. I have another all day picnic today, so let's see if it keeps working!
Amazing stuff, really. I would recommend it to anyone.

Closed Thread