It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

DR Diva HB User
Unhappy Dark facial marks Please Help!

Can anyone help me in clearing up facial marks that were left on my face after some pimples that I popped (ok ok, I shouldn't have ! I get it Already!) so after I popped it u know, then came the scarring so I could'nt stand it so I also scratched it off, then a bigger "cut" was left then the darkening,and...... you get it! so does anyone knoe anything I can use for lightening These marks, something I can use from home or Just ANYTHING! This has really become a big deal for me everywhere I go people and even my friends say oh what HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE and is not the same when I look in the mirror I am so depressed, please anyone answer back to me.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

ethera HB User
Re: Dark facial marks Please Help!

When I was in high school, I had really bad cystic acne.

Instead of just pustules ( infected pores ), I had lesions, consisting of shelves/pockets of pus infection under the skin: I could press in one area, and pus would come out in another area.

My senior year, I finally got medical help: There is a cure for acne.

Acne is cause by bacteria in/on the face, and fat content in the skin on the face:

the fat content in the face is a food source for the acne bacteria.

If there is a large presence of fat content in the facial skin, and any presence of acne bacteria, you can imagine what can happen.

In my case, I received two different prescriptions from the doctor:

*Tetracyclene capsules, taken orally with water, to reduce the fat content ( acne bacteria's food source) in the face

and

*Retin-A gel, a tube of topical applied daily to the face, effective in killing acne bacteria.

I was amazed at the results . I only wish I'd started sooner

I have quite a bit of pock-mark scarring from the cystic acne ( and probably from messing with it ).

It has faded a bit over time, but I've always wanted to go get laser treatment for my remaining scarred condition.

What I'm saying is that in your case, which is probably not as bad as mine was, you might do fine with just the Retin-A gel ( maybe even the lower of the two concentrations available ).

I *think* I've heard that Retin-A gel is helpful as treatment for mild facial scars.

You might not even need Tetracylcene ( besides, and I don't know its context here, but it's already in some types of birth control pills, I've heard ).

For any facial scarring you might have or incur from acne, you could get laser treatment, and/or maybe a chemical peel, or something like that.

HTH

Last edited by ethera; 08-15-2005 at 01:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
(female)

DR Diva HB User

Ethera Thanks alot I think this might help, anyways If anyone else got helpful Ideas that Might help me with the marks I have left on my face due to the pimples I popped please send in your "remedies"

Old 08-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

DR Diva HB User

would anyone give me some tips on how to get rid of my acne scars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Old 08-24-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
(female)

andrepp HB User

Neutrogena has something called acne mark fading gel. My daughter just started using it a week ago and it seems to be helping. Try that.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
(female)

amo HB User

Epidermx microdermabrasion cream. You have to order in online, but it is wonderful for getting rid of unevenness from acne, as well as the discoloration. Capsiderm cleanser is also awesome for the reddness. I noticed a difference in a week of using the cleanser, my old acne was fading a lot.
Both products can be found online if you run a search on them. And the acne board has a bunch of info. on both products.
Good Luck!

Old 08-30-2005, 02:33 PM   #7
(female)

DR Diva HB User

Thanks people keep on writinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
(female)

ATLangel HB User

Ive been using the neutrogena acne peel and it helps a little, plus it softness the appearance of your whole face

Old 01-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #9
(female)

ATLangel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLangel
Ive been using the neutrogena acne peel and it helps a little, plus it softness the appearance of your whole face
I said that, but now that the product is finished, i see no overall change in my face, its just a tiny bit smoother, you should try exfoliators.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:51 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

ltedeschi HB User

Diva go to the post that says i have help for dark spots.

Closed Thread