It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 11:33 AM   #1
(female)

Miss_Leolady HB User
Trying to turn Red highlighted hair to Jet Black...

Is it possible to turn my hair from red to jet black without getting a funny color when washed?...I currently have red highlights in my hair and I would like to color it jet-black...I know that it isn't possible to apply jet black dye or rinse on top of blonde highlights or hair, because it'll turn your hair green...but i'm not quite sure if my hair would turn a funny color when adding jet black to red hair...I need help...i'm so sick of my dyed hair. I'm desperately seeking advise!!!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
(female)

pink_staR HB User
Re: Trying to turn Red highlighted hair to Jet Black...

I had blonde highlights in my naturally dark hair (last year) and I dyed it black (over the highlights) and it was fine.

Black (even permanent) fades quickly, so you might see some colour coming through after a few weeks, but that's normal, and you can just dye it again.

x0x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 06:23 PM   #3
(female)

Miss_Leolady HB User
Re: Trying to turn Red highlighted hair to Jet Black...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_staR
I had blonde highlights in my naturally dark hair (last year) and I dyed it black (over the highlights) and it was fine.

Black (even permanent) fades quickly, so you might see some colour coming through after a few weeks, but that's normal, and you can just dye it again.

x0x
Thank you so much for the advice pink_staR.

Closed Thread