It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User
Belly Button Piercing

I am thinking about getting this done-mostly for me, as I have a belly that I will not expose until I lose another 50lbs (I am down 30 already). However, I have a day job that requires I wear nylons and I am worried that it will get irritated or something the first few days since the nylons cover my stomach. Would I be better off waiting for when I have a 3-day weekend so that I don't cover it up right away?

Also, I have 2 tattoos-how is the pain factor compared to that?

Old 09-11-2005, 08:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User
Re: Belly Button Piercing

Getting you BB pierced does not hurt. Compared to tattoos - the pain would be non existant.
I compare getting your BB done to getting your ears pierced. It just takes a couple seconds longer, but it's just a quick pinch, like getting your ears done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 03:55 AM   #3
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

It's not necessarily true that it doesn't hurt. It depends on the person and just how thick your skin is. Mine hurt really bad when I first got it done, and it stung pretty bad for a couple weeks afterwards. It was so far one of the more painful piercings I have and took the most time to heal. [I have my nipples, tongue, lip, belly button and ears gauged] If you get it done, don't wear your nylons over your belly button, where as if it can't breathe, it will create an infection and take longer to heal [and may cause a pretty nasty keloid]. I would suggest wearing your nylons below the peircing and soak with sea salt 3 times daily, and use tea tree oil. This will help it heal faster and be less painful. Good luck, it's one of my favorite peircings, I can't live without it!

Last edited by ___vintaqe; 09-12-2005 at 03:57 AM.

Old 09-12-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

YES! I definitely recommend not putting nylons over the belly button.. it will yank on it probably and bother it.. so just wear them lower. Roll them down a bit or so. I heard if the skin is thicker where you are getting the piercing, it will hurt more than a person with thinner skin. Mine was pretty thin and did not hurt bad at all.. like my ears. Getting a piercing is a great way to motivate yourself to get into shape.. so you can show it off!!

Old 09-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #5
(female)

Melissa1983 HB User

Hey, go for it!! I suggest buying thigh high slip in nylons.. not the ones that go up like pants. This will avoid any problematic contact with the BB!

Old 09-13-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User

I got mine done about three years ago, and it hurt REALLY bad, but only for a few seconds. Then it just stung for a while after that. Like the others said, you definitely don't want to wear something like Nylons over it - that could pull the ring and irritate it. Do you have to wear dresses and nylons? I wore dresses with no hose (I always do that in the summer anyway) and bikini panties, so it didn't pull on it.

Yes - it does make you feel incredibly sexy - and I too say - Go for it!

Old 09-14-2005, 04:17 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

Yeah-it's a requirement to wear nylons. I think I will wait for a 4-day weekend (Thanksgiving) and get it done. I am kinda nervous about the pain now though...I have the tats and a cartilidge piercing yet I am a baby when it comes to pain...go figure-LOL!

Old 09-15-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

all i felt was a pinch when i got mine done that was 5 years ago and i love it i've since had my nipple and nose done...(something about n's) i did them all because 'I' wanted them.

just dont put the nylons over your belly button or wear dressy pants (im assuming you dress up) then you can hide it...they are easy to care for! goodluck do it, they are cute!

Old 09-18-2005, 06:32 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

I decided to get mine done the night before Thanksgiving-it's a 4 day weekend for me so it will have time to breathe. I have to wear nylons but hopefully by then it will be cooler out so I can wear dress pants. Thanks so much for all your input!

Old 09-20-2005, 03:46 PM   #10
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I would plan on not wearing the nylons over it for several weeks, if not months. Mine still gets irritated if it is rubbed the wrong way by button down shirts or pants that hike up my waist when I sit down.

Mine did not hurt when I got it done. I think I have had ear piercings that hurt worse.
It was just a pinch. In fact, It didnt hurt afterward either. It was just sore if I bumped it. I wouldnt worry about it, especially since you have tattoos.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:41 PM   #11
(female)

pinklibra HB User

I have 3 tatoos and 4 piercing I must say that the pircing were so much more pain full. My belly button was the first of evrything It's now been 10 years I have it. It took me 45 minutes to get it done I was so so nervous the guy was trying to make me relax and when I was not thinking about it no more he did it! I hade trouble bending and was wearing overalls for the next 2 weeks. I never got an infection and cleaned it 3 times a day with salt water. A lot of my friends ended up with infection they would were pants that would touch the ring or not take the time to clean it right.
i think it's just so sexy I say like the others GO FOR IT!!!!

Old 09-21-2005, 04:14 PM   #12
(female)

WickedQueenie HB User

Compare body piercing to tattooing and I'd choose tats every time (I have 6). My BB hurt like crazy when I hade it pierced and I couldn't wear anything touching it for weeks. Even after that, it was really sore for about 9 months and then never really healed properly. Everyone has different pain thresholds, so to say it won't hurt for one person is BS for another. My body rejected mine and I took it out and have a scar there now. I won't get it done again because of the pain I went through for almost two years. Yet I have friends who have had theirs' done without any problems. I am just weird! LOL

Old 09-23-2005, 06:20 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

I have three tattoo's and 10 piercings. It is hard to compare the two. The pain is totally different. I didn't really mind the ears. The belly button didn't hurt getting it pierced. It was the healing that was kinda painful. Not too bad. The nipple hurt the worst!! Ouch!! Don't know if I really want to do the other one now.

Couldn't you wear thigh highs? When you anything to decorate your body, just remember, no pain, no gain!! LOL!! Get it done!

Closed Thread