It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2005, 04:25 PM   #1
Veteran

camden HB User
Garnier Skin Naturals

Has anyone tried this new line of skin care products? I just bought the "kit" yesterday. It consists of:
1)"Pure" Daily Cleansing Gel which is for combination to oily skin or acne prone skin. It is an anti-bacterial cleanser with zinc.

2)"Pure" Astringent Toner which is for the same skin type as above and it also contains zinc. It is suppose to tighten pores, dry imperfections and even your complexion.

3)"Pure" Shine Control Moisturizer which is for the same types of skin as above and also contains zinc as well as white clay. It is suppose to make your face less shiny and keep your skin hydrated.

I went into the store with the sole intention of only buying the cleanser but they did not sell it separately, only in the "kit". I thought I would give it a try as I have monthly breakouts and I figured if Head and Shoulders works for acne because of the zinc that this may be an even better option as it is actually made for your face. They do not recommend this product for dry or sensitive skin, but I'm neither so I bought it.

I have only used it twice and I was not in "breakout mode" when I started so I can not tell you how it works for acne but I must say I like it as a cleanser so far and I LOVE the cream! After washing with the gel my face had a slight cool sensation which was quite refreshing. The toner felt a little harsh and burned a little (rubbing alcohol sensation) but in my experience they always feel like that. The cream is blue, quite thick and a little on the dry side but I must say that it does exactly what it is suppose to. My face didn't feel really moisturized (guess I'm used to the greasy feeling)but it certainly wasn't dry and it does give a matte finish and I would dare say that if I had a better complexion I would probably skip the foundation from my make up routine. I really put it to the test today as I have mowed the lawn and worked up a sweat doing a bunch of cleaning my face still has a matte finish to it even though I put the cream on over six hours ago!

They also have a line of anti-aging creams one of which claims to show results in three weeks (or is it four?). I snagged quite a few samples of the day cream so I'll have to give it a whirl. I will use it at night though as it is a little on the greasy side and I like the matte cream for the day. The price seems fairly reasonable too, I believe the eye cream, day cream and night cream are all around $14 can. I paid around the same for the kit I just bought.

Has anyone elso tried this product? If so let the rest of us know what you think of it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread