It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

Moon Rising HB User
Origins face care and makeup

Does anyone here use this makeup line? Its organic and I wanted to know if its a thumbs up or down. Any info would be greatly appriciated.
---Moon

Old 09-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
(female)

ProudVegan HB User
Re: Origins face care and makeup

I used many of their products and it didnt do well for my skin. It caused me to break out. Yet, my mom likes their foundation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2005, 05:24 PM   #3
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I was the counter manager of this line. Their make up is fine but there is nothing special about it. I use clinque foundation just because I really like the feel and the coverage but you can get the SAME make up in your drug store. I even worked for prescriptives which "custom blended" foundation to match your skin....what a crock! I hated selling products that I knew first hand you could get in a drug store. If your going to spend money on anything for your face then do it with your moisturizer and soaps or cleaner. Colors such as eye shadows, cheeks, lipsticks you can save a bunch by going with Loreal, maybeline, covergirl...you just have to find the one that's right for you. So save yourself a bundle and stay away from the make up counters.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
(female)

ProudVegan HB User

I second that!!!

Thanks soulcatcher...

Old 09-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVegan
I used many of their products and it didnt do well for my skin. It caused me to break out. Yet, my mom likes their foundation.
Thanks for the tip. I've broke out like crazy . I have fair skin. I have been doing a toxic metal cleansing treatment that I though was causing the breakout, but maybe it is the Origins. I just got the cleanser the moisturizer, the eye treatment, and the skin guardian in the white tea line and the body lotion and spent a fortune last weekend. I wanted to try something organic, and the girl at the counter said that there line was the best organinc makeup and the only one in the department store. I went to Foleys. I guess I was a sucker unless someone posts some good reviews. I keep trying new cosmetic lines only to be disapointed. So what do you recomend? Or what is working for you? Thanks
---Moon

Old 09-20-2005, 02:05 AM   #6
(male)

smc612 HB User

soulcatcher---i have used clinique for years and loved it. need a change. as i have gotten older i am a little dryer. take good care of my skin but it seems the clinique doesn't glide on as it used to. my problem is not getting a good match. i use vanilla in clinique and when i try another foundation it is either too light, dark or orangey. anything comparable to clinique? how do you decide on a color?

Old 09-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #7
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel54
soulcatcher---i have used clinique for years and loved it. need a change. as i have gotten older i am a little dryer. take good care of my skin but it seems the clinique doesn't glide on as it used to. my problem is not getting a good match. i use vanilla in clinique and when i try another foundation it is either too light, dark or orangey. anything comparable to clinique? how do you decide on a color?
I used Clinique in my younger years and now that i'm 31 I dont care for it as much. I'm using continuois coverage by cover girl and neutrogena. I'm still looking for the best.
---Moon

Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 AM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

It's always good to have a few bottles of foundation around and you can mix your own color. Before you put on your foundation use a moisterizer, ALL THE TIME. Make sure you face is clean, I use caress soap because it's gentle and does not leave my face dry, then I use Dove's sensitive essentials day cream, it's so light and rubs in and leaves my face sooooo smooth and it does not break me out. Then use your foundation and see how it feels after you have the moisterizer on. Cover girl isn't bad, I find it too oily for me but again, I use a moisterizer.
Be careful not to over clean your face, the more you scrub, exfoiliate, use masks your taking out important moisture and it will have the opposite effect and make your face very greasy.
Be careful if you use soap, I recommend dove or caress only. If your foundation is too thick, add a touch of water. The good thing about drug store foundation is that you can open it and look at the color, match it to your wrist. Foundations have rather a pink or yellow hugh to them. IF you have a really red face a touch of yellow in your foundation will tone down the redness.
Do NOT exfoliate with dead sea mud or any minty face scrubs. All that will do is irratate your skin and it will break it out. Keep your fingertips away from you face. IF you have to rub your face use the back of your hand. Keep your hair away from you face, even if you don't think your hair is oily it is and can cause you to break out. If you get pimples under the nose down to your chin, it's hormones or stress. You may notice one their before your menstral cycle. Not much you can do. SOrry to blabber but these are just a few little tips. Clinque has different coverages, ask them for some samples. Don't let them lie to you because they can get little cups or containers so you can take samples home. If they refuse this to you they are lazy workers and ask to speak to their representative for their area....they will move their butts. lol
You may find you have to switch moisterizers in the summer and in the winter because of the dryness.
Moon, your body chemistry changes every seven years inside your body which can effect your skin, however your skin cells on your body and face shed every two years. Your face can change, you may have to switch now and again. Always use a gently cleaser and a light moisterizer with no perfumes. I love Doves products. Good luck Hope I helped a bit.

Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM   #9
(female)

Moon Rising HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulcatcher
It's always good to have a few bottles of foundation around and you can mix your own color. Before you put on your foundation use a moisterizer, ALL THE TIME. Make sure you face is clean, I use caress soap because it's gentle and does not leave my face dry, then I use Dove's sensitive essentials day cream, it's so light and rubs in and leaves my face sooooo smooth and it does not break me out. Then use your foundation and see how it feels after you have the moisterizer on. Cover girl isn't bad, I find it too oily for me but again, I use a moisterizer.
Be careful not to over clean your face, the more you scrub, exfoiliate, use masks your taking out important moisture and it will have the opposite effect and make your face very greasy.
Be careful if you use soap, I recommend dove or caress only. If your foundation is too thick, add a touch of water. The good thing about drug store foundation is that you can open it and look at the color, match it to your wrist. Foundations have rather a pink or yellow hugh to them. IF you have a really red face a touch of yellow in your foundation will tone down the redness.
Do NOT exfoliate with dead sea mud or any minty face scrubs. All that will do is irratate your skin and it will break it out. Keep your fingertips away from you face. IF you have to rub your face use the back of your hand. Keep your hair away from you face, even if you don't think your hair is oily it is and can cause you to break out. If you get pimples under the nose down to your chin, it's hormones or stress. You may notice one their before your menstral cycle. Not much you can do. SOrry to blabber but these are just a few little tips. Clinque has different coverages, ask them for some samples. Don't let them lie to you because they can get little cups or containers so you can take samples home. If they refuse this to you they are lazy workers and ask to speak to their representative for their area....they will move their butts. lol
You may find you have to switch moisterizers in the summer and in the winter because of the dryness.
Moon, your body chemistry changes every seven years inside your body which can effect your skin, however your skin cells on your body and face shed every two years. Your face can change, you may have to switch now and again. Always use a gently cleaser and a light moisterizer with no perfumes. I love Doves products. Good luck Hope I helped a bit.
Oh my god this is too funny, I just rinsed off a dead sea mud mask and jumped on the computer to see if anyone replied and you sure did. Oh well, I guess i'll be using extra concealer this week after I break out from the dead sea mud mask. I am a mixer by the way, I do mix my foundations. What foundation do you use? I bet working at a makeup counter you've tried everything under sun. I do use the oil free ones. Ohh by the way have you heard any good results with M-E-L-A-L-E-U-C-A? They have a makeup line called Nicole Miller. Have you heard of it? I read one poster mention it and that she's been using it for 6 months and it cleared up her skin. ********* has been around a long time. I used to use their hairspray in highschool 15 years ago and it was the best I have ever used. Thanks for all the tips.
---Moon

Last edited by Moon Rising; 09-20-2005 at 08:43 PM.

Closed Thread