It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

Abby214 HB User
Desperately Seeking A Great Body Lotion

Hello Everyone:

With the weather getting cooler and the air dry, my skin suffers so much from being dry and itchy, so I am desperately searching for a great body lotion/moisturizer. One that absorbs good, and leaves you feeling moist and hydrated, but not greasy or oily! And one that doesn't cost a fortune or is hard to find.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Abby

Old 10-25-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
Re: Desperately Seeking A Great Body Lotion

Both my best friend and I sware by Johnson's Softlotion Creamy Moisturizing Oil. It is not really an actual oil, it just contains some. It is by far the best I have ever used and it does not leave me feeling oily or greasy. It has a pleasant scent, is not expensive and can easily be found in the lotion section (not with the baby items) of any department store.

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
(female)

nisam78 HB User

I am really loving Oil of Olay's Quench lotion. And then on my elbows, knees and feet I put on the Body Shop Body Butter.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:45 AM   #4
(female)

Elliesmom HB User

The only lotion I can use is the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing skin therapy lotion. I have very sensitive skin (other lotions irritate my pores), but this stuff is awesome. I had scaly skin when I was pregnant and this cleared it right up.

Old 10-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
(female)

Abby214 HB User

Thanks for the great suggestions.
The other day when I was shopping, I did see in the lotion section, a new lotion by Johnson's and was wondering if it was good, I'll have to try.

Old 12-04-2005, 04:20 AM   #6
(female)

peckhouser HB User

I am with nisam78....oil of olay quench is great! In the winter I turn into lizard woman and quench has been the only thing that has worked.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
(female)

Khitty HB User

hi, i had same problem with you. i also get dry and itchy skin during winter but i never had it anymore since i started using Eucerin body lotion. it really worked for me.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
(female)

JulieDe HB User

Abby- I just discovered Curel (in the blue bottle) for my boyfriend's hands. He is in a wheelchair and his hands are all cracked. I bought some for myself. Leaves hands and body really smooth. It was about $6 at Super Wal Mart.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #9
(female)

Abby214 HB User

I have tried the Olay Quench, and should have saved my $$, I am not impressed with it at all. I don't see where it keeps you feeling moist all day.
The only thing so far that I have tried that is pretty decent is an after tan/sun lotion, by Panama Jack. But than I can't find it all winter! argh!!
So, I shall keep trying...Does the eucerin leave a greasy feeling?

Thanks again for all the help!!

Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

DGO1223 HB User

I also have dry skin in the winter especially. The very best routine I've found is to shower, then while still wet, rub some sesame, or almond oil into your skin really well, wait a minute or 2, then towel off. Not too much rubbing. You can get these at a health food store, and some grocery stores. No smell in these.

It does NOT leave you feeling greasy or oily. Doing it while wet helps keep it slightly diluted. You can use baby oil for this, but I like the almond or sesame seed, it's more natural, with no petroleum in it.

I stay soft til the next shower.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
(female)

nisam78 HB User

Neutrogena makes a sesame body oil also. It comes in scented and unscented.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:39 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

DGO1223 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam78
Neutrogena makes a sesame body oil also. It comes in scented and unscented.
yep, that's basically the same thing; the sesame or almond oil is just a lot less expensive.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

wmkcolors HB Userwmkcolors HB User

This is an inexpensive moisturizer and exfoliant: I mix regular sugar, in a plastic cup with some baby oil, until the sugar is very moist. While I'm in the tub or shower, I use this sugar scrub all over my body. My skin feels very smooth.

Old 12-08-2005, 06:09 PM   #14
(female)

Abby214 HB User

DGO1223, wow, that sounds great, I think I will give that a try.
Thanks so much!
Sounds like just what I need!!

Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 AM   #15
(female)

islander81 HB User

the ONLY (and i have tried almost every single lotion out there) lotion that has me impressed is AVEENO BABY (found in the baby section of the stores, not in the lotions) i use the one with lavender and vanilla and i believe it has oatmeal in it. smells good.. totally moisturizes without feeling greasy. i knew it worked when i didnt have to reapply at all during the day, and ALSO during the NEXT day =) what other lotion does that for ya? =P told some friends and have got them using it too. i tried regular aveeno (for adults) and i didnt like it much. for some reason, the baby formula works wonders. awhile ago, i had a rash from some allergies that itched really bad, and the babyaveeno lotion stopped the itching so i really believe in this stuff.

Closed Thread