It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User
Olay Moisturinse In Shower Body Lotion

Has anyone here tried this? I love the idea of it simply because no matter what, after I save and put lotion on, my legs burn and break out and I shave everyday. There is never a good time to put lotion on my legs. Lotion in the shower just sounds like a really good idea for a girl who hates slicking the stuff on after a shower. But does it really work?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User
Re: Olay Moisturinse In Shower Body Lotion

Hasn't anyone tried this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Yes, I have, I also have used one of the in shower lotions from Beauty Works. I like them and they feel good, I do notice that at the end of the day you can rub your skin and it rolls off, so it leaves film for sure, I just didn't like it rolling off if I had to rub or itch somewhere. It may be that I slicked it on too thick and didn't rinse real well also. I have also used my regular lotion in the shower the same way, it works to. The idea is to put the lotion on while skin is moist, that is the trick not the product you use.

Old 11-18-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User

Thanks for your response. I'm gonna give it a try.

Old 11-27-2005, 05:35 PM   #5
(female)

AnitaPita HB User

I bought this once when it first came out. It smells great but I found it left me feeling sort of grimy...like a film on my skin like another post said. I used the whole tube then I went back to regular lotion.

Old 11-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #6
(female)

ali_moran HB User

I tried this product, and I the smell is so strong I just hated it, and it leaves a film on the skin. I really don't feel any more moisturized. I'll stick with putting on lotion after my shower.

alison

Last edited by ali_moran; 11-28-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:10 AM   #7
(female)

RedRobynNAU3 HB User

I've tried it and I love it. I've never had a problem with film and I love the smell! My mom has always suffered from extremely dry skin and cannot live without this stuff!!

Old 11-28-2005, 07:44 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Lately I've been using my regular moisturizer lotion in the shower and it works even better. I slathe it on just before I towel dry and I don't get any film. It may not be as good with all moisturizers tho, I use Ponds lotion and it is alright.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 AM   #9
(female)

nisam78 HB User

I just bought the caress one. I really like it. In the winter, my skin is horribly dry. Also try Neutrogena body oil.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 AM   #10
(female)

Miranda Leigh HB User

Thanks for all the responses. I'm just going to have to buy it and try it out for myself. I can't express how much I hate putting lotion on. It's like getting dirty right after a shower and it burns my legs really badly. But I love being all smooth and soft.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
(female)

catycat HB User

I tried it and thought it was ok, but not enough to buy another bottle after it ran out. The smell was alright, but it was kind of greasy and slippery in the shower, like it felt like it was rolling off my skin and not actually clinging properly, and it didn't leave me feeling moisturized enough. I get pretty dry skin though, so maybe it'd work better for someone else.

Old 12-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #12
(female)

smurfett HB User

I tried it and I did like it. In the winter it seems to be fine, but when I used it in the summer it wasn't so great. I noticed if it is hot and you sweat AT ALL it kind of rolls off your skin and makes you look and feel grimey.

Closed Thread