It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

cka2525 HB User
curly hair

Just a quick question. I have curly hair and I probally DONT use the best products out there for it. What is the best shampoo and conditioner for my hair. And what is the best mouse and gel or spray for it also? My hair is a little longer then sholder length, brown and wavy/curly. More curly though. Thankyou!

Old 12-10-2005, 08:35 PM   #2
(female)

blushingbride06 HB User
Talking Re: curly hair

i myself have naturally curly hair. I use thermasilk moisture infusing shampoo and conditioner. Its heat activated to improve and condition dry hair.When your hair is healthy and moisturized it is easier to maintain.After i get our of the shower and my hair is still wet i use a small amount of leave in conditioner called, "SKINNY" made my paul mitchel.Put your hair up for bed and Blow dry your hair in the morning followed a couple of strokes with a flat iron. It sounds like a lot but you will see results i promise.

p.s. try not to use gel. no matter how much you wash your hair, you never really get it out. paul mitchel products work best for me. they arent sticky or stiff. it sounds like we have the same type of hair.

Last edited by blushingbride06; 12-10-2005 at 08:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #3
(female)

cka2525 HB User
Re: curly hair

Hey thanks for the responce. Yes we probally do have the same type of hair. Do you say flat iron to straighten it? I would love to do that but I'm so afraid it will fry my curly. It happen to my sister! So thermasilk is the best shampoo huh? Yah I was reading something on how curly haired people need more moisturizer in there hair. And you put in skinny after? You dont put in any other products in your hair?

Old 12-11-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
(female)

blushingbride06 HB User
Talking Re: curly hair

yea ive been straightening my hair with a flat iron for about 3 years and i dye my hair on top of it. This thermasilk works wonders i swear! and it beats spending like 15 bucks for shampoo and another on conditioner. all i do is shampoo and condition and put the skinny solution in my hair.remember do it while your hair is wet. then put it up for bed. in the morning your hair will be shiney and smooth. just blow dry(the heat activated thermasilk works even better when you blow dry) and then go around with the flat iron to get out the night time creases and since the shampoo and conditioner is heat activated the straightener cant do any damage. i put my hair through hell but with the shampoo and conditioner i use and the "skinny" my hair looks like one of those shampoo commercials lol!

Old 12-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
(female)

*ladybird* HB User

Hey CKA,

I have natually and i hate it!! I bet you two do as well. I use vo5 at the moment and it's really nice. Best one i have used in a while. I use tescos own bran mouse too. It's called extra strong and it makes my hair nice and soft and brings out the true curlys. I hope i have helped but i would like some advice too as my hair drives me crazy!

Old 12-11-2005, 02:49 PM   #6
(female)

*ladybird* HB User

Forgot 2 say:

I brush my hair (in the shower, with conditioner in it). Make it super soft and takes all the nots and everything out. Much easier to control your hair too after, whatever u wanna do with it.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #7
(female)

kutie5 HB User

Hey! I have super naturally curly hair.... this is my process and it makes my hair into the best curls ever... really boucny NOT FRIZZY AT ALL curls..

Okay.. I use tresemme extra conditioning shampoo and conditioner (no one said u had to spend a bundle, and this stuff helps a lot.. in order to keep your curls into locks, you really need to condition them).. then i wash my hair w/ my head upside down... keeping my head upside down i do NOT squeeze any water out of it after conditioning and rinsing..

--then you need to use a wide toothed comb and run it through you hair upside down... scrunch it a LITTLE BIT with a towel (maybe once or twice.. you dont want it to frizz... just get some water out of it)

Take Tresseme Curl Enhacing mouse (comes in a white mouse bottle w/ green writting and black top... its about 2.50 @ Walmart).. dispence a generous amount in your hand, and run it all through your hair.. then scrunch again with the towel

Then blow dry your hair upside down still w/ a diffuser... one of them that is scooped out w/ the little things that stick up.. that'll really get to your roots and give you a lot of body... the key here is to make SURE that the top of your head is dry before you flip up.. if not it's going to go flat ...

After that blow dry it w/ your head up until its dry and however you want it styled

it sound like a lot but i swear it only takes me about 30 minutes to do my hair in the mornings!!!!! It's so simple.. if you want to see a picture of my hair then go here...

[url]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/Missyd1605/zoomtry007.jpg[/url]

Closed Thread