It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
(female)

Fallon_C HB User
Question Looking for the perfect mascara

Hi

I think I've tried every mascara on the market but I just can't find that perfect one. I have long eyelashes so they easly get clumpy or look like spider eyes. LOL I really don't care about the cost, I will pay whatever for a good mascara.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 12-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

wvpumpkin HB User
Re: Looking for the perfect mascara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon_C
Hi

I think I've tried every mascara on the market but I just can't find that perfect one. I have long eyelashes so they easly get clumpy or look like spider eyes. LOL I really don't care about the cost, I will pay whatever for a good mascara.

Thanks in advance!!!
Lash Perfection by max factor, awesome, out of this world great. but it doesn't come out till 2006, You can find it on ebay right now. That is where I got mine from. Since you already have long lashes, one coat should do you, with no clumping. Check ebay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

Dior Show its expensive but well worth it.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:40 PM   #4
(female)

Darrellsgurrl HB User

Kiss Me mascara is the absolute best, there is nothing else like it. I could never go back to anything else.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:25 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvpumpkin
Lash Perfection by max factor, awesome, out of this world great. but it doesn't come out till 2006, You can find it on ebay right now. That is where I got mine from. Since you already have long lashes, one coat should do you, with no clumping. Check ebay
i've heard really good things about this mascara, but its impossible to find. Cover Girl has its own version, called Lash Exact that has also gotten great reviews. i found it at walmart today but havent tried it yet.

my favorite is Max Factor 2000 calorie. i have long eyelashes and oily skin, so i'd get the spidery lashes and they'd smudge so easily. the 2000 calorie mascara is the only one that kept my lashes looking curled, perfect, and not smudged at all throughout the day.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

Who makes kiss me mascara?

Old 12-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User

I use Max Factor Stretch & Separate Mascara, very happy with it.

Old 12-15-2005, 02:27 AM   #8
(female)

Lil_Volcano HB User

I use Maybelline "Full "N Soft." It keeps your lashes from getting so stiff that they break off, and it keeps them feeling and looking much more natural while still adding the volume and length. I've also had the best luck with this mascara not clumping. I can use it much longer without it drying out, and if it does, adding a drop of water to the brush and re-mixing it helps. You're actually not supposed to do that because of health issues because supposedly it's unsanitary, but I've always done it and had no problems with my eyes being irritated or infected. I will never switch, because trust me, I've tried them all, and nothing irritates me more than to spend money on a tube of mascara that doesn't last without looking like a gloopy mess on my eyelashes, or else I'm back at the store getting some new stuff way sooner than I should have to. It really stays smooth and is easy to apply when you don't have to fight with the clumps. It's also easier to apply a second coat if necessary without making a mess of your lashes! I never get waterproof mascara because it's too hard to get off and I find that hard on my lashes. As far as smudging onto my lower lids, I have never had a problem with that like I have with some other brands of mascara. It stays on really well and doesn't flake off, either! I think you'll really like it!

Have fun trying new mascaras!

Old 12-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #9
(female)

catycat HB User

the best I've ever used are the physicians formula mascaras. they make one called retro-something (it's in a funky looking bottle) and another called lash in a tube. I like them both, although the retro one adds stellar length like nothing I've ever seen before. If you're not concerned about length, either is good (though the lash in a tube is still good as far as length is concerned). They don't clump or anything, go on very smooth. And bonus, they're extra-safe for your eyes, whether you wear contacts or have sensitive eyes or anything like that. after I ran out of the last tube I was dumb and decided to try max factor lash lift, which is okay but not nearly as good as the physicians formula. better to hang onto a good thing once you find it!

Old 12-27-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I gotta agree with Lil Volcano.. Full N Soft is great! It looks wonderful and you can apply one coat and have it pretty natural looking, or layer it for dramatic lashes! I wear Maybelline Unstoppable now, but if you have long lashes already it might not be for you. It makes mine really long and thick and much more noticeable, without getting clumpy and spiderlike.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:56 AM   #11
(female)

nancybe HB User

You guys should look into eyelash extensions. There is a lot of info on this site www.glow-skin.com Just and FYI

Old 12-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #12
(female)

mary777 HB User
Cool Re: Looking for the perfect mascara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallon_C
Hi

Thanks in advance!!!

Try an eye lash curler first, then mascara from Rimmel $4.00 at Walgreens. The best mascara ever invented. I love it.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
(female)

mellag HB User
Angry Re: Looking for the perfect mascara

Hi there,
I have been looking for a macara that won't let your eyelashes go straight after curling them & adding one or two coats. I have tried almost all of the maybelline brands. I thought by using the waterproof that would keep them curled, but that does not seem to work either. I use shseido's eyelash curler and it works great, but after applying macara, they fall straight down again, and I have to curl them once more, which makes them look funny.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

For lashes that really curl, have you tried Maybelline's Sky High Curves?? This worked good on me for really lifting my lashes and they stayed curled nicely even after applying the mascara. The only problem I had was that the bottle seemed to dry out kind of fast so I had to replace it often.. but you are supposed to replace mascara often ANWYAY so I guess it works out.

I am using Full N Soft and I also use Max Factor's lash perfection (I alternate.. one is black, one is navy). Both work great and I curl my lashes first, then lift them as I apply it (with the brush) and they stay pretty lifted. I'll also curl them midday or a while later after applying the mascara for extra curl, but by then it won't stick so much and yank out lashes.

Old 06-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #15
(female)

emergency911 HB User

like alot of people on this board, i love max factor 2000 calorie mascara. i just got the lash perfection mascara the other day.. i like it, but i think the 2000 calorie is the best one. dior show is good too... just way to expensive for for my taste.

Closed Thread