It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 02:55 AM   #1
(female)

Lil_Volcano HB User
Concealer Suggestion

Hi! I haven't read too much here about concealers, but I have to share my secret. I have always had dark under-eye circles, and have tried all kinds of concealers from sticks to creams to liquids. Every concealer I have tried is so oily and thick that it ends up matting up under my eyelids and gets into the creases of my lids, upper and lower. It wipes off so easily, and forget looking decent after crying, because it all melts off! It is absolutely necessary to use powder to set any concealer so it doesn't do this, but even when I use powder, I have always gotten the stickiness and concealer accumulating in my creases and rubbing off everywhere else!

Well, I have finally found something that goes on really smooth, and is thicker than a liquid, but thinner than a cream. It's made by "Jane", and it completely "dries." It sets without even using powder, and isn't thick and cakey by any means! You can also let it dry and use another light coat if needed without the first coat making a smeary mess or coming off altogether! And talk about complete coverage!!! Every other concealer I've tried I can still see my circles through it, and the more I put on to try to cover the circles, the messier it gets! This stuff is so opaque that I usually don't even need a layer of foundation over it...maybe just a light coat around the edges of where the concealer ends to blend it in with my cheeks and the rest of my face!

Also, if you have blemishes, pimples and what not, all you have to do is lightly dab a little dot of the concealer with your finger after your foundation and powder is applied, and just keep dabbing until it is completely blended. It blends real easy, and the way it "sets", it won't melt or rub off the way other concealers tend to do when applied to a zit, especially when blemishes are still fresh and kind of watery. After that, ever so lightly dab powder over the top of that to set it, but careful not to wipe off the concealer!

Just a helpful hint I wanted to share with you all! Try it, you'll see!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: Concealer Suggestion

thanks for this. i have very bad dark circles under my eyes and some scars from breakouts, and i'm always searching for a good concealer. you should see my makeup drawer... most of it is concealers, all of which i hate! i have tried everything from thin liquids to creamy sticks, and they either do nothing or they get cakey.

jane is a good brand, and very cheap. i'm definitely going to try this!

Old 12-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

Denco HB User

Good tip!
I'll have to look for that brand, not sure if they sell them in Australia though.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
(female)

babygirl_8262 HB User

Thanks for the tip! I've had circles for a longo time(thin membranes) and my concealer works really well but im always lookin for better ones!

Old 12-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Shogirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Volcano
Hi! I haven't read too much here about concealers, but I have to share my secret. I have always had dark under-eye circles, and have tried all kinds of concealers from sticks to creams to liquids. Every concealer I have tried is so oily and thick that it ends up matting up under my eyelids and gets into the creases of my lids, upper and lower. It wipes off so easily, and forget looking decent after crying, because it all melts off! It is absolutely necessary to use powder to set any concealer so it doesn't do this, but even when I use powder, I have always gotten the stickiness and concealer accumulating in my creases and rubbing off everywhere else!

Well, I have finally found something that goes on really smooth, and is thicker than a liquid, but thinner than a cream. It's made by "Jane", and it completely "dries." It sets without even using powder, and isn't thick and cakey by any means! You can also let it dry and use another light coat if needed without the first coat making a smeary mess or coming off altogether! And talk about complete coverage!!! Every other concealer I've tried I can still see my circles through it, and the more I put on to try to cover the circles, the messier it gets! This stuff is so opaque that I usually don't even need a layer of foundation over it...maybe just a light coat around the edges of where the concealer ends to blend it in with my cheeks and the rest of my face!

Also, if you have blemishes, pimples and what not, all you have to do is lightly dab a little dot of the concealer with your finger after your foundation and powder is applied, and just keep dabbing until it is completely blended. It blends real easy, and the way it "sets", it won't melt or rub off the way other concealers tend to do when applied to a zit, especially when blemishes are still fresh and kind of watery. After that, ever so lightly dab powder over the top of that to set it, but careful not to wipe off the concealer!

Just a helpful hint I wanted to share with you all! Try it, you'll see!

Old 12-31-2005, 06:50 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Shogirl HB User

Hi, I live in California, do you think they make this concealer by jane here.

I went to several plastic surgeons, I would mortgage my house to get rid of these terrible, dark circles. They are just terrible. Nothing works. The plastic surgeon said she may be able to make them look less noticeable, but I'd be out $8,500.00 and there are lots of risk. What's the point, I now think especially since she said she could maybe only soften them.

I tried Hylexon, it did not work at all for me. Anyone else try that?

Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
(female)

Lil_Volcano HB User

I'm pretty sure they should have Jane in California. It's a really cheap brand...very unexpecting! The only reason I discovered this is because I was out of town and didn't have the concealer that I was using, so I just wanted something cheap to tide me over, and I got Jane and it turned out to be the best stuff I ever tried! I used to spend so much money buying expensive concealers, but now I don't have to! And the best part is that this stuff is the best stuff I've ever tried! Anyway, I get it at Wal Mart.

As far as surgery and other creams that claim to take away dark circles...I've pretty much heard they are all hoaxes. I've never tried them, but that's because I don't want to waste all that money if they don't work! I have always wanted to try that Hylexon you're talking about, too, but I'm too cheap for that, too! I think that has Vitamin K in it, right? I went to the drugstore and asked the pharmacist if they sell vitamin K that you can take orally or otherwise. I was told that it is available as a prescription, and isn't prescribed for dark circles, but for some other blood disorder. Which makes sense, because they say the tiny capillaries that break under your eyes are what cause the dark circles. I don't know if doctors will ever try prescribing it for dark circles, but it would be nice if it actually worked!

Old 01-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #8
(female)

babygirl_8262 HB User
Question Re: Concealer Suggestion

Where can you buy this product and what exactly is it call?(ex. "Jane undereye concealer")

Old 01-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #9
(female)

Lil_Volcano HB User

I get it at Wal Mart. I'm not sure of the exact full name, but if you find the section of "Jane" products, just look for the concealer. It's in a tube about 2" tall, plastic with a small black cap that unscrews. The concealer is "squeezed" out of the tube. If I get a chance and remember, I'll look in my makeup bag and tell you exactly what it says.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl_8262
Where can you buy this product and what exactly is it call?(ex. "Jane undereye concealer")
I've also seen Jane products at CVS and Walgreens.

Closed Thread