It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
Wink Re: Wetness/underarms

You all are awesome!!! Thanks for the tips and suggestions....I am going to be on my way to purchasing Certain Dry! Thanks very...much!!!! Cassie

Old 01-31-2006, 06:48 AM   #17
(female)

nisam78 HB User
Re: Wetness/underarms

Does it work good for odor? I don't really have excessive sweating, but it seems like my old deodrant is not working so well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 07:37 AM   #18
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Certain-dri contains aluminum chloride which has been known to have a toxic effect on the system and is often associated with Alzheimers. Just thought I'd mention as you might want to do some research on it.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

rlmylove HB User
Thumbs up Re: Wetness/underarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum
Certain Dri is a liquid, roll on and in a small bottle. It's in a white/green BOX with black lettering on it.

RLMYLOVE---Glad you bought it! Remember to follow the directions on the box, otherwise it won't work!! Give it at least 3 days to a week to fully start taking effect! I've been using it for a year and LOVE it!!! Remember, start with clean dry underams before applying---just apply a little bit, don't slop it on---let it dry over night. One thing that works for me since I hate the "wet feeling" as I'm trying to get away from that! LOL After I put it on, I grab the hairdryer and dry my under arms with warm air for about 30 seconds each---don't hold the dryer too close--OUCH! Just enough to get a good breeze to get it drying a tad faster.

ok. thanks for the advice

Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #20

journalistic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine
Certain-dri contains aluminum chloride which has been known to have a toxic effect on the system and is often associated with Alzheimers. Just thought I'd mention as you might want to do some research on it.
All antipersperants contain aluminum chloride though.

Old 02-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #21
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by journalistic
All antipersperants contain aluminum chloride though.
No, many of the crystal rocks do not and many of the natural type deodorants, such as Toms, do not. You have to read the labels. I personally think the baking soda recipe the most effective I have ever used. 1/2 cup baking soda, 1/2 cup corn starch and few drops of favorite essential oil.I keep it in a covered glass dish and apply with a slightly damp wash cloth or even just dry. Works Great!

Old 02-01-2006, 10:51 AM   #22
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

I've tried the naturals and they just don't cut it for me. I hate to say, but I have excessive sweating---especially in Houston where the weather is extra humid and hot about 7-8 months out of the year. When I go back home and visit my parents in the northwest part of Texas, where the weather is still hot, but the climate is very dry and desert like---just like New Mexico---I don't have this problem at all and I can resume using just normal deoderant--even the naturals. For now, Certain Dri works in hot, humid tropical weather for me.

Old 02-03-2006, 07:22 AM   #23
(female)

Lucinda_uk HB User

Driclor works for me!

Old 02-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #24
(female)

staircar HB User

this is good information. i was about to make a thread asking for a good antiperspirant because i've tried almost everything.... HOWEVER my problem is not that i can't find something that works.. I used to have an antiperspirant that worked, I can't remember the brand off the top of my head but it's the one with the power stripe... but my underarms started to get kind of dark, and after doing some research, I found it was some ingredient.. don't remember exactly.. so I switched to dove. the underarm darkness is gone, and my underarms are really smooth too, plus i love the scent.. BUT it doesn't do a thing to control wetness and odor. So i need something gentle yet really strong. yeah, i know

and, personally I don't feel good closing up the pores completely.. i mean, sweating IS nature's way of cooling the body. Just.. it doesn't have to happen every time it's a little warmer out

any suggestions for me?

Old 02-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #25
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Not sure what would work for you. As for the antiperspirant with the stripe----I've tried it before, but can't remember the name. It did work pretty well though!

Although closing up the pores sounds like it may be harsh to the body, it's really not because the body finds other areas to redistrubute the sweat accordingly---which I have no problems with. My body seems to respond really well with it. I guess everyone's chemistyr is different.

I'll think about it and get back to you!

Old 02-04-2006, 03:24 PM   #26
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Not sure what would work for you. As for the antiperspirant with the stripe----I've tried it before, but can't remember the name. It did work pretty well though!

Although closing up the pores sounds like it may be harsh to the body, it's really not because the body finds other areas to redistrubute the sweat accordingly---which I have no problems with. My body seems to respond really well with it. I guess everyone's chemistry is different.

I'll think about it and get back to you!

Old 02-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #27
(female)

mary777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soar
I have tried a variety of deodorants/antipers. and none control my wetness under my arms. Any suggestions for me? Thanks!!!!

I have the same problem you have. My boyfriend uses SURE (original solid) unscented. He tells me that it's the best deodorant. DON'T use invisible solid because it has extra ingredients. I started using SURE (original solid) two weeks ago and it's the best. It keeps me from sweating and getting smelly underarms. It has no extra ingredients like others have, such as scents and etc. Oh yeah, make sure after applying the deodorant to spread the deodorant evenly using yours fingers. It won't leave a sticky feeling on yours hands, like I thought it would. This way the deodorant is evenly spreaded throughout the underarm. It works better when you spread it. TRY it!

Last edited by mary777; 02-04-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM   #28
(male)

worriedguy2005 HB User

Certain Dri has 12% AC, but if you look at some others (ie. Axe Dry for men, or Mitchums (sp?), they have 18%.

If the latter 2 dont work, how can Certain Dri w/12% actually do the job?

- WG2005

Old 03-08-2006, 08:26 AM   #29
(female)

sk1pp3r HB User
Thumbs up Re: Wetness/underarms

Im guessing all these posts are coming from the USA?

Well to anyone who is in good old England i swear by Driclor!! obviously does the same thing as the other one mentioned in USA.

Costs about £5 - £8 depending where you get it, Boots, Superdrugs and Chemists normally stock it. I have tried everything on the market and Dricolr was definatly the best. ITS MY LIFE! and now i can wear anything i want without having to keeps worring about sweat!

xx

Old 03-19-2006, 08:28 AM   #30
(female)

Ash71 HB User

I dont know and dont care how certain dri works..but it works. I wish i could have found something like this in highschool, b/c i would always wear a light jacket..even in the summer..because i would sweat so bad and it was embarressing. I can wear anything i want to now and that's so exciting. I put it on at night of course, and i also put a different deoderant on the morning, just so it feels like i have something on. Anyways, anybody who has excessive sweating should at least give this a try. I think it will work for everybody and you will love it.

Closed Thread