It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soar HB User
Question Wetness/underarms

I have tried a variety of deodorants/antipers. and none control my wetness under my arms. Any suggestions for me? Thanks!!!!

Old 01-24-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User
Re: Wetness/underarms

I had this same problem and nothing worked for me! Not to mention---my cute shirts were getting these funky yellow stains and I would have to trash them.

Nothing worked for me except Certain Dri. It's an anitperspirant that blocks all sweating from the armpits. It works WONDERS!!!!!! It contains the same main ingredient as all the other antiperspirants--aluminum chloride--but just has a higher concentration. What you do is put it on at night to clean and dry armpits. Put in a small amount, let it dry over night and wham---your armpits will not sweat at all!!! The key is to put it on at night so the body has time to acclimate to it. The aluminum chloride closes up the pores therefore no sweating occurs. This is NOT permanent--I promise. If you stop using it, the pores will open back up and you'll start sweating within a week. After using it for about a week every night, you won't have to apply it every day---but maybe every 2 days. During the summer, you might have to use it everyday.

Good Luck!!!

PS.... You can buy it at any WalGreens, CVS, Eckerd etc... It runs about 5-7 dollars for a bottle and lasts for about 3 months.

Here's more information about the product:

Recommended by doctors and pharmacists, Certain Dri contains Aluminum Chloride, the ingredient prescribed by Dermatologists to patients with excessive perspiration of Hyperhidrosis. Laboratory studies prove that Aluminum Chloride is more effective and longer lasting than other ingredients found in anti-perspirants. Suggested Use: Because of its therapeutic ingredient, Certain Dri Anti-Perspirant is used differently from all other anti-perspirants. 1. Apply only at bedtime. it will not wash off the next day, even after bathing. 2. Apply sparingly: Like other therapeutic products, Certain Dri anti-Perspirant should be applied sparingly. Read package insert for detailed instructions. Preferred by dermatologists. According to a recent independent survey, a majority of dermatologists preferred the Certain Dri formula for reducing perspiration. They preferred it over all the other antiperspirants combined. In fact, Certain Dri has the formula that dermatologists recommend in their own medical practices for their patients with excessive perspiration. Itís prescription-strength, yet you can get it without a prescription. Many performers--professional models, actors and dancers--use Certain Dri, because if you sweat too much under hot lights you can be out of a job. Certain Dri works so well that even people with hyperhidrosis have found that one application keeps you comfortably dry for 3 days or more. Just be sure you follow the directions on the package, because you use Certain Dri differently from any antiperspirant that you may have tried before. Ask your dermatologist about special Certain Dri applicators for the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet.

Last edited by Infinitum; 01-25-2006 at 09:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

yep, certain dri is the best. love it.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

The one, the only....Certain Dri!

Old 01-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
(female)

Youthful_20 HB User

I tend to sweat and get the nasty underarm stains also but using certain dri seems a little harsh. We sweat for a reason and closing the pores doesn't seem like the right way to go for me. I don't sweat excessively but I would like to find a deodorant that works and doesn't ruin my shirts. Do you have any other suggestions?

Old 01-27-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BostonGirl44 HB User

I also use Certain Dri and wouldn't trade it in for anything else.

Old 01-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mommaoftwinsplus1 HB Usermommaoftwinsplus1 HB User

I use Dove...and I love it!

Mommaoftwinsplus1

Old 01-28-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
(female)

Renne HB User
Lightbulb Re: Wetness/underarms

I sometimes use Arrid Extra Dry. I know its for men but it works really well for me. I also use Degree for Women and it works really well. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

rlmylove HB User

I just bought and started using Certain Dry today, i'm glad to see the positive comments this product has. That gives me hope.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:58 PM   #10
(male)

anonymousone HB User

Is this Certain Dry a deodorant? Spray? Liquid?

What am I looking for when I go to the store?

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Certain Dri is a liquid, roll on and in a small bottle. It's in a white/green BOX with black lettering on it.

Look it up on the internet--search certain dri---it's in the deoderant section. I've never bought it at WalMart or Target---but I know for sure it's sold at Walgreens, CVS type drug stores.

Hope this helps!!!

RLMYLOVE---Glad you bought it! Remember to follow the directions on the box, otherwise it won't work!! Give it at least 3 days to a week to fully start taking effect! I've been using it for a year and LOVE it!!! Remember, start with clean dry underams before applying---just apply a little bit, don't slop it on---let it dry over night. One thing that works for me since I hate the "wet feeling" as I'm trying to get away from that! LOL After I put it on, I grab the hairdryer and dry my under arms with warm air for about 30 seconds each---don't hold the dryer too close--OUCH! Just enough to get a good breeze to get it drying a tad faster.

Last edited by Infinitum; 01-30-2006 at 07:09 PM.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
(male)

anonymousone HB User

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
(male)

anonymousone HB User

Actually, another question.

Does it have an odor to it? Would someone know I am wearing it if they got close?

Old 01-30-2006, 07:10 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Infinitum HB User

Oh my goodness no!!!!! It's totally odor free!!! Unlike the other antipersperants and deoderants---Eeeek! NO---it's great!

Good Luck!

Old 01-30-2006, 07:13 PM   #15
(male)

anonymousone HB User

Great! I can't wait to try it.

Closed Thread