It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User
Merle Norman make up...or mineral Make up for sensitive skin?

hey guys!!! i have been hearing a lot about mineral make up, but have also heard good things about merle norman make up. I am currently using Mac studiofix and want to switch to something that is better for the skin. I would love to hear your experiences with these and what you have used from them. I have had problems with clogged pores in the past so want to make sure it is something light and allows the skin to breath and looks natural on the skin. Oh by the way, I am east indian (not toooo fair and not dark).

THank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
(female)

livfortoday HB User
Re: Merle Norman make up...or mineral Make up for sensitive skin?

Maybelline has a new foundation out call pure something or other, which is good for problem skin, I love mineral foundation, and it doesn't clog pores, give some a try. It is really good in the warm weather

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 06:04 PM   #3
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

I use Id Bare Minerals and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! I also got my mother using it too. I'm very fair skinned and it works great with all skin types and tones. They sell it at Sephora. It's so good that if you miss a night of washing your makeup off, don't fret. It's made of minerals so it won't hurt your skin.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

For all of you that use Bare Minerals, do you just buy the powder foundation only? I'm a college student on a budget so I hope to not have to buy TOO many products . Also, do you think it covers really well? I tried some at Sephora and liked it in the store, but I wish I could try it at home too and see for a few days. I did get a sample though. .so I'll try to test it from the tiny little jar, haha!

I got my makeup done at Merle Norman once and I thought the foundation was pretty good.. natural looking and blended in well. My skin felt soft and healthy. If you go into a Merle Norman store they can do your makeup for you at no cost and you can try it out. I just wish they did my eye makeup a little more dramatic how I like it! Does anyone know how much the cream to powder foundations cost there?

Old 02-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

I vote for mineral makeup. I've used Merle Norman in the past - it does give good coverage, but I love my BE and would never use anything else. Like someone said - you can fall asleep in it and not have to worry! Not so with Merle Norman or any liquids (in my experience).

I only use the BE foundation. I think it covers well, except I have a bit of underlying redness that it doesn't help - but no foundation has helped me with that.
It's great if you get a blemish, though. You can just use the foundation as a concealer - just apply all over, than take a small brush and dot it on the blemish. It works quite well for me.
I intend to try the Bisque or Mineral Veil with my foundation - but haven't had the extra cash, yet.

Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

so does merle norman only have liquid make ups? are they non-comodegenic? do they have pressed powder at all?

Old 02-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

Hi, Merle Norman does have pressed powder - also I believe a couple of choices for cream-to-powder foundations.
I don't know about the non-comodegenic, but they do make the claim of all of their makeup being dermatologist tested -- That means little to me however, as I have very sensitive skin.

Old 02-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #8
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

Hi, Merle Norman also makes a creme makeup that is absolutely awesome. I have fair,dry, sensitive skin and it does not irritate or cause breakouts. The coverage is high which gives you a flawless look but without looking like you are wearing a mask. The price is about 12 bucks and it comes in a jar. I highly recommend it.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

I am 32 and have been wearing Merle Norman since I was 15. I love it. I always get compliments on how great my skin looks.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #10
(female)

tracy0021 HB User

I really dont understand how word hasnt spread with this makeup. I had quit using it for awhile because the Merle Norman in my town had moved, but then i found ebay, lol.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:51 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

tracy0021, is the creme makeup the one that is like a solid creme that you put on with a sponge? I really like Covergirl Aquasmooth, and I had my makeup done at Merle Norman and also liked the kind they used on me and it felt nice and light as well. $12 definitely isn't a bad price! Are all the foundations that price?

Closed Thread