It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

Momof2kids2005 HB User
dont understand this about my hair (breakage)

ok so i go to this salon and i see a few different stylists it's the walk-in hair salon. anyway well a few of the girls who looked at my hair said my top layer has the breakage in it cause i chemically straightened my hair after my son was born and not sure if it was due to hormones or what. well i have been getting the top layer cut and a little off the bottom of my hair. now i go to the salon and the guy stylist tells me it's the "crown" of my head where the hair is breaking, he said everywhere else is strong. ok then he goes on to tell me that i cant get highlights for 10 months ok he knows more then me but i straightened my hair back in august and it has been 6 months and now i gotta wait another 10 months? then he said from the top of you hair where it is growing back down to bottom which is to my shoulders that it will take 20 months for it to grow out and for me to have one-length hair.... 2 years is he for real? tell me he is lieing has this happened to anyone? i guess i have to have layers for 20 months oookkk LOL i am not saying he is wrong he is the hairdresser but i think i am going to one stylist that i know so she or he can take care of my hair and understand what is going on and tell me, because the other stylist goes on to tell me it's the top layer and my hair is starting to "blend" and he is telling me something else that it's the crown of my head the hair that is breaking, he said i wouldnt say the top layer cause there is more breakage then that. maybe if i get my hair cut shorter instead of trimming that more of the damage will be taken off and it wont take so long to get one-length hair again but they never tell me those options

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 AM   #2
(female)

tracy0021 HB User
Re: dont understand this about my hair (breakage)

Hi, All he succeeded in doing was confusing you more. There are only 2 ways to get your hair healthy again. 1. Regular trims until the damage is gone. 2. Have all the damage cut off. If you choose to have all the damage cut off, you still run the risk of creating new damage with straightening, curling, blowdrying etc. so I would only have it all cut off if you dont mind short hair. In the meantime, you can use a good shine serum that actually seals the ends of the hair that helps prevent further damage and gives the illusion of healthy hair. They really do work, and mainly contain silicone. 2 good ones to try are biosilk silk therapy(ebay has great deals on them) and loreal shine serum that you can buy at a drugstore (it is in a orange pump bottle). hope this helps you !

Closed Thread