It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System

Has anyone tried Oil of Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System? Or any similar at home microdermabrasion or chemical peel set? I want to get something to reduce the red marks on my face, but I'd like to try something at home instead of spending a lot of money on a professional chemical peel, etc (I'm a college student hehe ).

Old 02-16-2006, 04:15 AM   #2
(female)

Barefoot1 HB User
Re: Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel System

I've been using Philosophy's peel and I love it, but its pricy and I thought that when I run out, I'll try the Olay product.

My skin is much smoother, healthier looking, but I didn't have any spots so I don't know if it would remove them.

Barefoot

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2006, 06:33 AM   #3
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

I actually purchased Neutrogenas Microdermabrasion kit. It was $34.95. May seem pricey but it comes with with two sponges for the hand held thing and the stand it sits in. Also it comes with the Oxcide Crystals. It's a generous sized portion. It doesn't take much either. So a lot will go a long way. Once you use it for the first week, you will cut back to 1-3 a week. You can re purchase the Oxcide Crystals and foam pads at Walmart. The Crystals retail for $15 and the foam pads are only $4 something. The initial cost is worth it. I've noticed a change in my skin.
My skin is pretty sensitive and thin. I also have a skin condition called Malasma due to being on hormones. It causes dark coloration around my eyes and a big spot on my forehead. I've been on retina A and hydroquinone (bleaching cream) by my dermatologist. I find the retina A makes my face peal to much and the topical bleaching cream does not work.
I posted a topic on this Kit if you'd like to check it out. I think it will have good long term effects with propper use. I love it and will continue to use it.
If your in a pinch, Origins also makes a good dermabrasion as well called
Micro Friction, made with rice bran and verbena. Very fluffy and non abrasive. Smells good too.
Hope this was helpful for you. Do check out my post on the Neutrogena Dermabrasion Kit.
zephyr

Old 02-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

VegasGirl HB User

I've been using the Olay one for a few months now and I love it!!! Leaves your skin soft, silky and wonderful!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 05:36 AM   #5
(female)

aeb4au HB User

I use the Olay brand as well. How many times per week do you use it?

Old 02-21-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ravaemarie HB User

I use the Mary Kay brand and I love it. I'm not sure of the cost difference, but the one I use is $50 and it lasts for a couple months because you only do it 2-3 times per week at the most.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
(female)

k_c_lady HB User

I have tried it, and wasn't impressed. However, I have only done it twice. It does make you skin softer, but it only lasts for a day or so. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin either. i was surprised of how warm it gets. I don't thin it's worth the price, but I might be wrong. I'll tell you how it goes in a week or two. Kiesha

Old 02-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #8
(female)

harmony_stormz HB User

Q. here what do these products really do? What I mean is do the burn your top layer of skin, I think chemical peel and I think pain? also do you put it on under your eyes and on top?

thanx

Tammy

Old 02-23-2006, 06:00 AM   #9
(female)

Lilly10 HB User

I read about this on another message board I frequent and it got rave reviews. I went out and got it for around $21. I do agree it leaves skin soft but I broke out for the first time in a long time after using this. I dont know if this was the culprit or something else I used. So to be safe I will not use this again but it really does exfoliate quite nice.

You know what though I would have to say for my skin the Asprin mask does an even better job and is a fraction of the cost.

***Oh and tammy I would not put this stuff near your eyes it is way to harsh.

Last edited by Lilly10; 02-23-2006 at 06:02 AM.

Old 02-23-2006, 09:11 AM   #10
(female)

k_c_lady HB User

Hello, I have a question for the lady who ueses the aspirin mask? Is this something that you make at home? If so, can you please tell me how to make it? And also, what does it do for you? Thank you, Kiesha

Closed Thread