It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

relyt HB User
Moisterizer for dry skin that breaks out

I am 28 with very dry skin; I wanted to try a daily moisterizer that really helps dry skin and also combats the signs of aging to prevent it in the future. However it seems that the heavier moisterizers make my skin break out. Does anyone have any suggestions for heavier moisterizers that DONT make you break out? I am willing to pay for one but I don't want to spend a lot of money if its just going to make me break out.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

seo HB User
Re: Moisterizer for dry skin that breaks out

I've been using cetaphil for several years now (I'm 26) and I think it's the only thing out there for really dry, break out prone skin. I have horrible skin- it's dry and flakey if I don't moisturize but it's also prone to acne. This is the only heavy moisturizer that won't break me out but does get rid of the dry skin. I go with the one in the green bottle that's actually all over body lotion as it seems to be more mild than their face lotion (go figure!) and never go store brand on this one- trust me! It's only around $9 for a huge jug that will last you a good 6 months so it's worth the cost!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 08:32 AM   #3
(female)

jjwdean HB User

I second the Cetaphil- I too use the body lotion for my face and it works amazingly. Love it. I don't know if it will combat the signs of aging, but it definitely works against dry skin and there's no way that this stuff will break you out.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I use Clean & Clear oil free Dual Action Moisturizer with salicylic acid acne medication. The only problem is that this moisturizer isn't super moisturizing, it's kind of light, so I usually put something thicker around my eyes or any dry spots, but it does help clear up breakouts. I'll have to try out the Cetaphil !

Another thing I have tried is using Curel lotion on my face.. it's not meant as a moisturizer for face, but it says "gentle enough for the face" and I agree! I used the "skin firming" one so that one is somewhat anti-aging. It worked well and moisturized SOO much! It didn't feel too much or make me break out at all though. It's a great lotion to use all over. I like that it doesn't feel greasy but moisturizes so well and makes my skin feel soft.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #5
(female)

relyt HB User

Thanks, I will have to try Cetaphil! Are you talking about the lotion (that comes in a pump) or the cream (in a plastic jar thing) that you use? Just wondering since I checked their website and saw both. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Dan_Sims HB User

relyt, I got the moisturizer for you.
I also had very dry facial skin.
I first tried the Avalon vitamin C face lotion.
It made my face feel way to greasy.
I then tried the Olay Complete Ultra-Rich Moisture Lotion For Extra Dry Skin.
This is the best lotion ever for dry skin on the face.
It has vitamins A, E, B3, pro-vitamins B5, Zinc Oxide and SPF 15. Its Non-Comedogenic.
It feels really good on my face.
Its also great for using after you shave.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #7
(female)

zephyrqueen HB User

Hello there There are several creams and miracle serums out there to chose from. I'm 37 and started getting extremely dry skin in my mid 20's due to being on hormones. Because of this my skin started going through several changes! Including drying out and some adult acne...which I NEVER had before.
I found my miracle cream. Yet it's rather pricey but a little bit goes a long way. It's also very concentrated that's why a little goes a long way. I use the amout of about a pea. I also get compliments on my skin a LOT! Just recently when I went and had my nails done. Also when I had a makeover done at the mall. They kept going on and on about my skin. My miracle is Creme de La Mer. I wouldn't be WITHOUT it!!! I've also noticed it's helped with the fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. AKA....crows feet. LOL! and around my mouth. They also make a lotion. I prefer the cream. I got a good deal off eBay. Like a said, it's rather pricey but sooooooooooooo worth it. I have a tendency to break out too with creams that are too much, but with this one I did not. They have a website so you can research there product. All I know is I have seen a drastic improvement in my skin!!!
My boyfriend sent me to a spa for my birthday a few weeks back and I had a facial done. Before I even left there my face felt like it was going to crack! I needed my Creme de La Mer! A lot of stars like Brity Spears and Madonna use this as well. So, I had to see what all the hype was about. Glad I did.
zephyr

Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #8
(female)

dollypop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by relyt
I am 28 with very dry skin; I wanted to try a daily moisterizer that really helps dry skin and also combats the signs of aging to prevent it in the future. However it seems that the heavier moisterizers make my skin break out. Does anyone have any suggestions for heavier moisterizers that DONT make you break out? I am willing to pay for one but I don't want to spend a lot of money if its just going to make me break out.
I am 25 years old and have very dry skin. If I don't do anything to it, I get red patches, it's that bad. However, I have found a regimen that works wonders for me. Here it is:

Every 2 or 3 days, I exfoliate with a sugar and honey mixture. That helps the dead skin to slough off.

Every day, I rinse my face with warm water, then cool water. I put on a thin layer of silkia camellia oil, then use Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (the one with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal that is fragrance free).
I don't have any red patches and my skin is nice and soft.

Last edited by dollypop; 02-27-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Neutrogena makes a moisterizer specifically for fighting the signs of aging and acne at the same time. The price is right and it's a good daily moisturizer. Finally a product that gets that women can need help with both things at the same time!

Closed Thread