It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User
Re: Beauty Secrets???

Ditto on the aspirin mask...works great....dissolve 3-5 aspirins in a tiny amount of aloe vera gel preferrably, or water, just enough to cover the tablets---wait about 5-10 min for it dissolve it; squeeze out a 50 cent size dollop of Queen Helene's Mint Julip Mask and finger mix in the dissolved aspirin/gel mix; apply; allow to dry; rinse; follow with a homemade toner mix of apple cider vinegar (1part)/water(3parts); rinse with clear water again Makes skin smoooooooooooooth as baby's bottom. The aspirin mask is great for oily skin and can be used 2-3 weekly for oily skin, but only once a week for non-oily as the mask is very drying so if you have dry skin you need to moisturize well.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #17
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1121
What's an aspirin mask and how do you do this?
I usually use it as a scrub. Just dissolve a half a dozen or so plain uncoated aspirin in some water. Then scrub. Or mix with cleanser and scrub.

You can apply it as a mask, but it won't stick as it dries. Turns to fine white powder that falls off and makes you sneeze. So many people mix it with other things like moisturizer to help it stick. Or you can brush off the excess and leave the residue on over night. I think it is more beneficial the longer you leave it on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I've read about the aspirin masks.. I'll have to give it a try! I also really want to try out blow-drying my eyelashes as well now ! I also really like the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask.. it makes your skin feel super fresh!

For eyelashes, what I also do is always keep spare mascara wands around (clean ones that you can find at any drugstore). I use them to sweep over any clumps that can form and it makes them perfect.

Another neat thing is that after you paint your nails you can put them under cool running water from the faucet to help them dry faster.. weird as it sounds, it doesn't make it mess up at all! Just make sure not to put the water on really high or where it's splashing, just a normal stream of water.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #19
Veteran
(female)

young momma HB User

Occassionally, I have a few zits that even after I pop them, they seem to fill up again. I pop it if it has a head on it, then, clean with alcohol (not all over my face just the zit) and cover with a bandaid before bed. Next morning, wulah! it's gone. The bandaid absorbs all the fluid and since it is covered it can't get a scab on it and fill back up.

I know, kinda gross! It works though!!

Also, I use baby powder on my face and just a concealer if I need it. No foundation. The brush I use is one that a hair stylist uses to brush hair of the back of the neck! It's cheap and huge!

Old 03-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #20
(female)

Bev92 HB User

For bigger, more plump lips I apply a lip liner that is almost exactly the same color as my lips and blend it in completely. Make sure the corners are a little more "out lined" for a more defined look, and then apply vaseline over top. I swear this makes your lips look bigger naturally. I have nice lips already but I make them look even nicer doing this. Also I like to apply vaseline to the very bottom of my eye over top of my eyeliner to give it a shiney look, it really brings out the eyes..they look more sparkly!

I used to blow dry my eyelash curler too but now I'm going to try the upwards blow drying techeque. Sounds really interesting!

Oh and for my favorite, the best moisturizer I've ever used is called Pein Tze Huang Pearl Cream from china. It makes your skin perfectly smooth and fades marks really well. I love it and it's cheap.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #21
(female)

HugMeLoveMe06 HB User

for the mascara blowdrying trick, my blowdryer only has one setting...and that's hot. is hot ok too? also where do you find that chinese moisturizer? it sounds really good! finally, i find that queen helene's mint julep mask in my magazines alll the time, but i've never found it! can i just buy it in any drug store or do i have to go somewhere special?

Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #22
(female)

stay2gether HB User

The skin is very delicate round the eye area so if its hot setting you use I would think that would damage the skin

Old 03-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #23
Inactive

lindanm HB User

I tried blow drying my eyelashes and it didn't do anything. Maybe it depends on the mascara? I just started using Lash Exact. It doesn't seem to be particularly wet.

Also, BTW, Queen Helene is definately available at Walgreens and I'm sure most other pharmacy chains. It's good. I used to use it before discovering the acne mask.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #24
(female)

coley1121 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev92
For bigger, more plump lips I apply a lip liner that is almost exactly the same color as my lips and blend it in completely. Make sure the corners are a little more "out lined" for a more defined look, and then apply vaseline over top. I swear this makes your lips look bigger naturally.
Speaking of plump lips...I tried that new Victoria Secret Lip Plumping gloss...doesn't work! Thank goodness I didn't spend $24 on it. Instead my friend bought a cheaper kind by Sally Hanson, she seemed to think it worked, but I didn't notice a difference on her or myself. Just makes your lips tingle. I think it's all in your head...but that's my opinion

Old 03-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have the Sally Hansen lip plumper and I like it.. not a HUGE difference or anything, and yes it definitely makes your lips tingle. It's also really glossy so I think that it makes your lips look bigger b/c of THAT. I think it does help though.. but my lips are already the size I want.. so I'm not sure how it would work for somebody wanting their lips bigger.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:53 AM   #26
(female)

missy06 HB User
Beauty Secrets - Keeps eye makeup on!

I'm new to this whole board thing and originally was looking under the allergy section. Anyway, due to my allergies, I always have to keep my eyes "moist" but I hated putting in eye drops because it would make my eye makeup run. Then I found a really cool eye spray. It's called Nature's Tears and you just mist your eyes with it! It really works and your makeup doesn't budge! All of my friends who wear contact lens use this now instead of rewetting drops.
It comes in a small canister that you can just toss in your purse, car etc. Just thought I'd pass along my newest "beauty tip"!

Old 03-16-2006, 08:48 PM   #27
Inactive
(female)

daystar91 HB User

My mother's teeth were always so white..To find out that she brushes her teeth with baking soda..I've tried it and it does work...

Old 03-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #28
(female)

Shanlo HB User

I did not read this on the board and hope it is a beauty tip for some, I just heard about it some months ago. If you have thin eyebrows use your eye powder brown or black to make them look thicker. Use the brush that you use to put your eye makeup on with. I recently ready that if you use Elmer's glue on your face (pimples) it would pull the head out, also Cologate toothpaste.

Old 03-18-2006, 02:51 PM   #29
(female)

nisam78 HB User

I tend to get buildup from product use in my hair. I was buying that clarifying shampoo from Bath & Body but they stopped making.
I use baking soda in my hair to remove buildup. Cost me less than a buck for the box. works better than any clarifying shampoo.

Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam78
I tend to get buildup from product use in my hair. I was buying that clarifying shampoo from Bath & Body but they stopped making.
I use baking soda in my hair to remove buildup. Cost me less than a buck for the box. works better than any clarifying shampoo.
How do you use the baking soda to remove buildup? Do you just rub your scalp with it, add it to your shampoo, or how?

Closed Thread