It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #46
(female)

Katy5 HB User
Re: Beauty Secrets???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralouise
I tried blowdrying my eyelashes the other day and it didn't seem to do anything. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to do it? cos it doesn't seem to work for me
I don't know how anyone else does it, but I apply Loreal Double Extend Mascara (which makes them very long in the first place) and do it one eye at a time. I just set my blowdryer on the cool-low setting and hold it so the end of my blow dryer is about to the bottom of my nose and just aim the air straight up to the lashes for about 15-20 seconds. It really seperates them and makes them look FULL.

How have you been doing it?

Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #47
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralouise
I tried blowdrying my eyelashes the other day and it didn't seem to do anything. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to do it? cos it doesn't seem to work for me
It wasn't working for me either.
Then it occurred to me that my dryer has a cool shot button, so I tried the high setting with the cool button rather than the recommended low and that worked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM   #48
(female)

Egyptian EyEs HB User

Everyone giving beauty secrets here, I might as well share. First take some good vitamins and eat well.

Well for my most feature I am known for would be my cat eyes. A lot of people are always asking me about my eyes. My secret is I use more than 1 type of eyeliner creating a different look than most people have. I first apply Black Liquid eyeline from the inner corner of my eyes to the outer corner, I apply is slightly pass the outer corner.

My next step is the eyeliner that I use on the bottom part of the eye only from HALFWAY in the inner lower lid all the way connecting the pencil to the liquid on top. its not really a pencile, it's made by cover girl...its like a pencile but its in a skinny platic tube that you can twist the bottom when you need more of the crayon,

But I use the liquid on top, then I connect the bottom eyeliner w/ the pencile outword connecting it to the liquid. and I then draw the pencil from the outer corner of my eye and I draw in the inner of my bottom lid but only half way. So only go half way. But by now you should have a very disinquished cat eyes. But for my final touch I apply black eyeshadow to ONLY shadow slightly over the line on the upper lid I make by the liquid. I DO NOT mean I apply it to my lid. No, I apply it right to the same line as the liquid, your just trying to soften up the dark streak of the liquid.

Also after you do your linner and eye shadows its looks really nice when you put some shiny white shadow just a quick dap in the inner corner of your eye.

I hope someone can understand the crazy steps above I left. It's hard to discribe shapes without useing pictures. But hey.......

Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #49
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User

I tried the eyelash hair dryer tip and it didn't work for me...not a clue why not as it seems to be working for others....I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and I am wondering if that somehow alters the results???....just wondering here if the people posting that it works use an eyelash curler before they apply mascara???

Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #50
(female)

Katy5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam338
I tried the eyelash hair dryer tip and it didn't work for me...not a clue why not as it seems to be working for others....I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and I am wondering if that somehow alters the results???....just wondering here if the people posting that it works use an eyelash curler before they apply mascara???
I don't use an eyelash curler beforehand...but I can't imagine it would alter the results. Maybe try it without the eyelash curler and see if there is a difference?

Old 03-29-2006, 07:42 AM   #51
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam338
The low setting (as recommended) on my dryer wasn't working for me. I use the high a long with the cool shot button. Then I could really see my lashes being blown upward.

Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 AM   #52
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamm
The low setting (as recommended) on my dryer wasn't working for me. I use the high a long with the cool shot button. Then I could really see my lashes being blown upward.

I had to do the same thing. I ended up looking like Tammy Faye Baker.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

Gayle0000 HB User

Here's my tip...to prevent ingrown hairs when shaving the bikini area. After you dry off, apply antiperspirant to the shaved area. Works every time for me.

I'm trying the eyelash trick tomorrow!

Old 03-29-2006, 02:42 PM   #54
(female)

coley1121 HB User

Yes, I have to use a high setting, but I hold down the cool button...so the air doesn't burn my face...a low setting isn't going to make your eye lashes do anything different because the force of the air is what's making them do the magic!

Old 03-30-2006, 03:58 PM   #55
(female)

SilverRoses HB User

I just tried the eyelash thing and it didnt work for me either. I have a theory that the people that it worked for must already have natural curl to their lashes. Mine are not that long and stick straight. The people that it worked for might also be the people that can get a curl with just lifting up with their wand, Ive seen it done to my friend before but couldnt do it to myself. I dunno, but I saw my lashes lifting up while I was blowdrying and as soon as I quit they went back down, maybe just a slight curl. Anyways, Im jealous of my husband because his lashes are naturally curled(not that he wants them to be), not fair!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:40 PM   #56
Inactive
(female)

ThisGirl0 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRoses
I just tried the eyelash thing and it didnt work for me either. I have a theory that the people that it worked for must already have natural curl to their lashes. Mine are not that long and stick straight. The people that it worked for might also be the people that can get a curl with just lifting up with their wand, Ive seen it done to my friend before but couldnt do it to myself. I dunno, but I saw my lashes lifting up while I was blowdrying and as soon as I quit they went back down, maybe just a slight curl. Anyways, Im jealous of my husband because his lashes are naturally curled(not that he wants them to be), not fair!
Yea, I've noticed that it doesn't work for everybody.
Believe it or not I'm doing my make up right now and I decided to try the blowdryer thing... which I just got done doing on one eye.
It definitely doesn't work for everybody. Your eyelashes have to be a bit longer and curl naturally, like you said. Mine curl a bit naturally so I can make this trick work without the blowdryer...as long as I use a good mascara and lots of it.
I used my blowdryer on high with the cool button for maybe 15-20 seconds...and all it really does is curl them while the air is blowing, once I stop the lashes go back down to the point where they would be if I just put on mascara.
The only benefit of blowdrying them is that it dries the mascara faster and separates them more... and after that I can apply more if I like to make my lashes super long.
Right now it almost looks like I have fake eyelashes on, but mainly because I put on a lot.
So you're right, it doesn't work for everybody... I suppose if you want your mascara to dry faster this is good for that.

Last edited by ThisGirl0; 03-31-2006 at 02:45 PM.

Old 03-31-2006, 02:57 PM   #57
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User

the blowdry trick doesnt work for me either since my eyelashes are stick straight. but i use my blowdryer on my eyelash curler before using it, and its just like using a mini curling iron.

also, most women dont know how to use an eyelash curler to properly get a good, natural looking curl. usually they just put it on their lashes and press once, simply making a "bend" in the lashes. but the proper way is to do it repeatedly down the length of the lashes, so you have a series of "bends" to the tip. it really creates a good curl!

Old 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM   #58
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

I tried this last night and wow.My lashes were so pretty,seperated and clean looking.Maybe it has something to do with type of mascara you use for it to work??

Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #59
Inactive
(female)

ThisGirl0 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfairy84
I tried this last night and wow.My lashes were so pretty,seperated and clean looking.Maybe it has something to do with type of mascara you use for it to work??
Yea, I think it's the mascara. I used one kind yesterday and it didn't do anything at all. My lashes were all stuck together.
But I used double extend today... the white-black one from Loreal...and it worked much better. My lashes are alomst twice as long, and they're separated now and look great.
The type of mascara definitely makes a difference.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #60
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I suppose my tip isn't exactly a beauty trick, but nobody likes getting cold sores on their lip. The moment you feel one coming on, you should apply tooth paste on the area. It sooths and cools down the tingling sensation. I guess you wouldn't go out in public with tooth paste on, but when you are at home or going to bed it's a good idea and it dries quick so you wont get any on your clothes or pillow.

Closed Thread