It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

Lauralouise HB User
Curly hair

I have very thick curly hair and i was wondering if anyone had any good recomendations for shampoo, something that'll keep it tame and nice. Also if anyone knows of any products to put on why blow drying my hair with a diffuser, i don't do it very often because a lot of the time it goes very frizzy and nasty looking. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
(female)

nisam78 HB User
Re: Curly hair

I have thick curly hair, too.
The shampoo doesn't matter. It is just to clean. The conditioner is where it's at. For shampoo, use something moisturizing. Never clarifying. I personally don't use anything clear. It is too drying.
I don't blowdry because my hair just doesn't come out right. I haven't been able to master the diffuser.
As for product, I love the Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock line.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #3
(female)

HotMomma HB User

My daughters and I all have long curly hair. It has taken me forever to get it long and, still I keep it somewhat layered on the sides, so I can have shape and get it thinned out where needed (or it's a bush.) But, all 3 of us constantly get compliments on our hair.

I agree that the shampoo and conditioner should be moisturizing. I have tried a ton of different ones, but I like Nexxus, if you can get it. Just don't use anything too harsh (like Prell or the cheap stuff), as it just strips you hair. Look for something that says it's pH balanaced and nourishing.

The next steps are the most important:
1) I towel off lightly, pick it through once, roots to ends, and spray in HEMPZ leave-in Detangler.
2) I equally mix two kinds of gel that give my curly locks great ringlets, not sticky or wet looking: Pravana Curl Enhancer Gel and Lanza Volume Bodifying Liquid. You have to get these thru a salon.
3) I try to let it half air dry for a bit to cut way down on frizziness.
4) I use a soft sock/mesh sort of diffuser over my blow dryer, so I can lift the crown and scrunch the sides and bottom.
5) I think this is the most important part - when the hair is dry, I plop a nickel size amount of FRIZZ-EASE Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Creme into my palm, smear it around and lightly go over all my hair with the creme, scrunching it in as I go. It TOTALLY takes away the frizzy or fuzzy hair that drying caused. It looks shiny, great, in control and smells good. Comes in a tube and you can get it anywhere $5-6. My girls and I carry it most places for a touch up at work or wherever, when my hair starts whacking out as the day goes on!

Good Luck and I hope you can find these and try them out!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:50 AM   #4
(female)

Lauralouise HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam78
I have thick curly hair, too.
The shampoo doesn't matter. It is just to clean. The conditioner is where it's at. For shampoo, use something moisturizing. Never clarifying. I personally don't use anything clear. It is too drying.
I don't blowdry because my hair just doesn't come out right. I haven't been able to master the diffuser.
As for product, I love the Tigi Catwalk Curls Rock line.

Is that the amplifier?

Old 03-05-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
(female)

nisam78 HB User

Yes. I have the amplifier and the curl booster.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

Lauralouise HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisam78
Yes. I have the amplifier and the curl booster.
Ok, thankyou i'll give it a try. I used the tigi superstar stuff a while ago for when i was drying my hair but it didn't work at all, but that wasn't for curly hair i don't think.

Old 03-07-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
(female)

Jelohi HB User

I like Matrix Curl Cream. I put that on and just air dry usually. My curls come out soft, not crunchy or greasy. I change around shampoos and conditioners all the time, haven't found anything I really like better than anything else.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:14 PM   #8

here HB User

I use the horse and mane conditioner. AFter I shampoo and condition I put a little gel in and then the horse and mane stuff and leave it in. Then I try to let hair set like 30 minutes before i blow dry at all. Makes your hair soft, conditions it and seems to pull some of curl out, relaxes it somewhat, I have tried a lot of products always end up doing this though.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:13 PM   #9
(female)

tonsilfamily HB User

I have thick curly hair, too, and am always looking for the right product...recently I tried the Tigi Curls Rock stuff, and love it! It is the best-working products for curly hair I have tried in years!

Old 03-15-2006, 07:01 PM   #10
(female)

janetinwestchas HB User

I have curly hair too. I use Fresh Curls shampoo and conditioner. It is made by Redkin.

Then before I difuse it, I put in Paul Mitchells Super Clean Sculpting Gel. Usually about half way through difusing, I spray in Curl Boost by Redkin. Helps keep the frizzes away!

Old 03-16-2006, 10:30 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Celestial_Kel HB User

My hair is very thick and curly too! It's so thick, I have to get it thinned out every 6 weeks just to be able to manage it! I use Pantene Pro-V Hydrating Curls shampoo and conditioner! It works great for me. Then, I spray on a leave-in conditioner and Clairol Herbal Essence Spray Gel. Let it air dry for about 30 minutes, then dry with the diffuser! Usually, that's all it takes to control the frizz, but if you still have a little, just spray on some more leave-in conditioner and that will take care of it! The good thing about the leave-in spray is that you can use it as often as you need to and it don't build up on your hair! Clairol makes a good one and so does Pantene!

Closed Thread