It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2006, 03:16 PM   #1

kaleng HB User
Unhappy How to use compact makeup (cream foundation)??

Oh no~ I bought Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup today but i actually have never used cream foundations before...only liquid ones. I hope someone can give me some advice on how to use it ....is it better than liquid ones in your opinion? Thanks!

Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User
Re: How to use compact makeup (cream foundation)??

For me the compact creams are better. They have better coverage and more versatility. You can use them as a concealor, for full coverage, or light application for a more natural look....even use them to blend tint favorite moisturizer for a sheer coverage tint. To apply as a concealer or a foundation, I use a tapered flat brush for best results; small brush to apply as concealor and large brush to apply as foundation. It can be applied with a wedge sponge or with the finger, but on me the results are not as good as applied with a brush. I haven't tried the Almay, but have had excellent results with the Cover Girl (large blue oval)---2 types; one is a more powder formula (med blue oval) and the other more creamy base (navy blue oval).....both are excellent imo.

Concealor tip: when applying as a concealor, apply lightly, then lightly powder and dust off excess, if sufficient coverage is achieved follow w/foundation. However, if more coverage is needed, then lightly reapply concealor, lightly powder dust again, follow w/foundation. Another excellent product to use as a concealor is Max Factor Panstick---it comes in an array of colors that is much easier to find a good color match for your skin than what usually available in most standard concealor products. While most recommendations suggest buying a concealor in a shade lighter, in a multi-tasking concealor/foundation product I usually buy it to match since it is also serving as a foundation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I love cream compact foundations. They cover well but don't feel like you have so much on your face.. which liquids tend to do to me. I just use the little sponge it comes with to apply it. First after washing my face, I will put on moisturizer, then I apply the makeup before it dries completely so it goes on smoothly. I just dab a little on the sponge (not LOTS, unless you want a really thick coverage.. I do mine very thin) and just lightly spread it on your face, being gentle around your eyes, etc. I actually think they are easier to use than a liquid.. so I'm sure you will like it . I just keep applying little bits at a time until I have everything i want covered.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #4

kaleng HB User

I love this forum! Thanks for the tips!~ i cant wait to use it

Closed Thread