It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 01:52 AM   #1
(female)

blondegirl HB User
Nude lips?

What is the best lipstick or lipgloss that is "nude"? For a fair person and without too much brown.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

SilverRoses HB User
Re: Nude lips?

get one thats light colored (not too light)and natural toned, sometimes if I think its too dark Ill dab a bit of concealer or makeup on it which will also lighten it up. I dont know of any specific brand but every brand seems to have some sort of "nude" or "naked" color

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

The one lipstick that I absolutely cannot live without and keep coming back to, even though it's expensive, is Christian Dior's Dior Addict lipstick in Sparkling Rose. It's a beautiful color that's a mix of brown and rose. I also have fair skin and can't wear brown because it makes me look pale and washed out. but this color is a winner. As for lipgloss, I like Pink Afterglow from Revlon.

Old 03-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
(female)

cookie73191 HB User

I heard Christian Dior lipstick has lead in it and could cause cancer.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie73191
I doubt it. Lead? These are new lipsticks, only came out a couple of years ago, so I highly doubt they would have lead.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:20 AM   #6
(female)

Sunni428 HB User
Post Re: Nude lips?

Hi - I recently got a forward from a friend regarding lead in the major brands of lipstick. I checked it out at Snopes.com and Urban Legends and found out it is not true - no lead in the lipstick. Made me happy as I do love my Dior and Lancome lipstick!

Old 03-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

VAUXHALL OMEGA HB User

I like a very natural look on my lips too, and I use Blistex tint and shine, which has a very natural hint of colour added! You hardly can see its there

Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #8
(female)

Lexi4529 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondegirl
What is the best lipstick or lipgloss that is "nude"? For a fair person and without too much brown.

I just use vaseline with a tiny dab of lipstick mixed in.
Vaseline is super-shiny, and you can use whatever color lipstick you want with it. If you put the vaseline on your lips first and then dab on some lipstick with your finger (instead of rubbing the tube of lipstick directly onto your lips) then you can control how much or how little color goes on, and you can make it very sheer.
I personally like brown, but I am an olive-skinned brunette; for a fair-skinned person, I'd imagine rose or peach tones would be more natural looking.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #9
(female)

Yekcoh4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie73191

She is partically correct. However, it is not ALL Dior, only the lipsticks with the "colorstay" additives. Basically they say any lip color that promises it wont wear off generally will contain lead, though the FDA says it's doesnt contain enough to me labeled hazardous or carcinogenic. And yes this is a relatively new study.

BTW, these are the brands that lead was found in:

CHRISTIAN DIOR
LANCOME
CLINIQUE
Y.S.L
ESTEE LAUDER
SHISEIDO
RED EARTH (Lip Glosses)
CHANEL (Lip Conditioner)
MARKET AMERICA-MOTNES LIPSTICK

Straight from the American Cancer Society website.....

" Lipstick and Lead

Rumor:
In May 2003, an email began making the rounds claiming that many of the most popular lipsticks on the market contain lead and will cause cancer. The email then offers a way to test lipsticks to see if they have lead.

Fact:
A search of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Web site finds that lead content of coloring agents used in lipstick is regulated by that agency, and that the levels permitted are not a health problem. "

Old 03-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Ok, so I guess Dior Addict lipsticks don't have any lead in them, right? They're very sheer, definitely not colorstay.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #11
(female)

amethystle HB User

Clinique creamy nude - great color

Old 03-21-2006, 09:12 AM   #12
(female)

Yekcoh4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Ok, so I guess Dior Addict lipsticks don't have any lead in them, right? They're very sheer, definitely not colorstay.
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I would assume no, but if it's something you are worried about I supposed you could contact the manufacturer, I would.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #13
(female)

SilverRoses HB User

And also when you do a nude lip look to make sure you play up the eyes a little bit more cause you dont want both of them to be nude, a smokey look goes great with nude lips

Old 03-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User

Some good drugstore line inexpensive natural lipglosses that I like and get lots of compliments whenever I wear any of these I am frequently asked what I have on:

The most nude:
Mary Kate & Ashley: Maybe
[very sheer natural mauve nude lip color---a definite 'your lips but better' color.
Bonnie Bell LipSmacker chapstick~like tube in Dr. Pepper...
Looks like something a lil girl would carry in her purse, lol, but it is fabulous...easy to carry in a jean or jacket pocket and applies easy just like chapstick. VERY moisturizing---one of the best lip moisturizing products I have ever used---far better than Burt's Bees even---- VERY sheer tint---just a VERY slight almost undetectable kiss of color----and best of all VERY cheap. It is highly rated and hard to find because it flys off the shelf.

The following WetNWilds are gorgeous, but not sheer, soft neutral frosts:
WetNWild MegaSLicks: 568/Bronze Berry
WetNWild MegaSlicks: 567A/Sheerly Cocoa

The following are a bit darker than the above colors:
Revlon Super Lustrous: Cherries in the Glow [looks dark but applies sheer and natural]
Revlon Super Lustrous: Glossy Rose [not sheer]
Revlon Super Lustrous: Coral Glow [not sheer]

Last edited by jam338; 03-24-2006 at 05:48 PM.

Closed Thread