It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

Trishac HB User
Dark Circles under eyes

Hey guys, GREAT forum!

I always seem to have dark circles or "bags" under my eyes.... no matter HOW much sleep I get... coverup doesnt seem to hide them properly either, its almost like the dark bits are sunken in.... and i feel like i look tired ALL the time!! Any tips for makeup to use? or products? home remedies? i'd try ANYTHING at this point ..... it makes my whole face just seem so exhausted, i just want to look as full of energy on the outside as i feel on the inside!

The Following User Says Thank You to Trishac For This Useful Post:
noon88 (10-06-2011)
Old 04-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
(female)

cookie73191 HB User
Re: Dark Circles under eyes

I have the same problem. I've had dark circles under my eyes since I was a little girl. I use Covergirl's invisible concealer it covers pretty good. Hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

christa32us HB User

This is funny but I watched "what not to wear", and watching Carmendea I have learned a few things. I noticed when she has done makeup for people who have dark circles, she uses a spray foundation and puts it on a sponge, after that sometimes she puts a smidge of a concealer. I took her advice for someone else and it works.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #4
(female)

sapphire99 HB User
Wink Re: Dark Circles under eyes

Spray Foundation... hmmm? Do any drugstores sell it or do you have to pay a lot of $$$ for it?

I have always had the dark circles around my eyes, it is hereditary and I inherited it from my grandma who spent her whole life wearing makeup to at least try to cover them up. My cousins have dark circles but they look okay without makeup because they are half Mexican so their darker skin makes their dark circles less noticeable, but my problem is that my other side is Swedish so I have very pale skin... it is SO hard to find a decent concealer that is as light as I need it, and also my pale skin makes my circles stick out WAY worse!

I got a tan 2 years ago due to a trip I had in Cancun (which I still had to bring waterproof concealer for my eyes LOL), and that was the only time I noticed my circles to be less dramatic. I wish having a tan wasn't so un-healthy... I donít want to add wrinkles and skin cancer to my troubles. I really donít know what to do because any eye creams I put on seem to make the circles worse and using self tanner on my face just makes my acne scars pop out. Right now I am using Effacernes by Lancome in Porcelain 1, then once it has dried a little I use a small concealer brush and apply Boi-ing by Benefit Cosmetics in Light, ... but just at the darkest part of my circles (you know where your circles end and your non dark skin begins) then I blend it with my finger. This works the best out of what I have tried, but if my skin was just a little bit darker it would completely cover the dark circles up because the Boi-ing has a little too much color in their lightest shade.

I read another thread and a user said that they used Avon's Anew Laser treatment and said that it noticably helped their dark circles, so I think I am going to try it.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #5
(female)

Trishac HB User

I tried this almay skin smoothing concealer... but hasnt really helped!!

I know what you mean about having a tan and im the same way... i just wish there was something magical i could do! i can pound on the makeup and i still notice it.... its so bizarre!!

even the TOPS of my eyelids can get dark and i sleep like 10 hours a night!!
GRrr... thanks for the tips though guys!

Old 04-17-2006, 06:42 AM   #6
Inactive

lindanm HB User

i've watched Carminde on What not to Wear cover people's under eye circles several times and tried duplicating what she did. The first time she said something about using those light reflecting concealers but being careful to not hightlight the bone. Recently, she uses something pink which she calls a pink highlighting pencil. Also with the light reflection. I've tried the revlon skinlights concealers and the skinlights skin brightener in pink, but I think it just emphasizes the difference between the skin under my eyes and the skin on my cheeks, calling more attention to the circles.

I've been told that Benefit makes a pink concealer, but haven't tried that.

I keep trying different things, but have pretty much decided that an extra layer of my foundation does the best job to minimize.

Old 04-17-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
(female)

Egyptian EyEs HB User

Hello you guys,
I also have that problem w/ dark circles under my eyes. It's also like the girls above herditary. I use a yellow color from physicains formula. its a little cube of yellow cream for under the eye. I apply a thin coat under my eye and really blend it in. It deffinitly covers the dark circles well but you have to brush some powder over that spot so its not SO yellow.
And then sometimes I use the moose foundation from maybelline under my eye, that one matches my skin color good. And I still always go over what I put under my eyes w/ a powder I usually use the bare minerals.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #8
(male)

ksaguy HB User

am i the only guy replying here?
lol... guess so.

so heres the thing. years ago, it was vacation and i stayed up all nights watching TV and browsing Net, sleeping in the morning for hardly 4-5 hours. then everyone said i had developed really bad dark eye-circles, then i noticed in the mirror and got really scared, i looked like someone form a horror movie.

SO, this is what my mom suggested and what cured my circles.

going bed to early and through out the day, randomly putting slices of tomoto, potato and cucumber on my eyes for about 15-20 mins. so thats total 45-60 mins daily.

and in no time my circles were gone.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:37 AM   #9
(female)

sapphire99 HB User
Unhappy Re: Dark Circles under eyes

Ksaguy I have tried all that, I always get plenty of sleep to the point where I can lay in bed and not fall asleep anymore, and the tomatoes and cucumbers do help with puffiness but not with my dark circles.

I have noticed that if I watch TV or look at the computer screen, or even read that it tends to make my circles look worse.. Like it is a lot easier to put on my concealers if I have not done any of that in the day yet. I was just curious if anyone has noticed the same??

Old 04-18-2006, 06:47 AM   #10
(female)

casper35 HB User

I have been using eyecon by Benefit for about a month and I have noticed some slight improvement in my eye area. It isn't a miracle worker but I have noticed a little bit of a change.

Now for immediate every day use I use the Ooh La Lift by Benefit also. I love this product because you can never apply too much, it isn't like most concealers this is by far the lightest thing I have used on my eyes. You can apply it through out the day and it never gets a "cakey" look. If I had to recommend one product for the eye area to help with dark circles this would be it.

One more thing I also have an eye mask that I keep in the fridge and I put it on my eyes for a min. or two every morning.

Last edited by casper35; 04-18-2006 at 06:48 AM.

Old 04-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #11
(female)

sweetfairy HB User

Skineffects by dr. jeffery dover intensive eye treatment with vitamin c (cvs) or Vita-k soulution for dark circles under eyes with super vitamin k but I'm not sure wher to get this one might have to order online if you can't find it at any stores in your area and cucumber juice just crush up a piece of it and soak up the juice with a cotton ball and rub or dab it around your eyes this well however take some time for results. Good luck oh I almost forgot you can buy this one online but I must warn you it is a bit pricey elizabeth arden cermide eyewish spf 10 because it also has grape seed extract.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

I used the lipstick tube concealor from max factor and I like it ok, I dont think your completely going to cover them up but it shouldnt be noticeable, I guess I would rather have a little bit of darkness than noticeable caked on concealor (besides, most people have dark circles but you never notice it on them..do you?). I usually just take my finger and blot it on and try not to forget the inner corner. I know that there was supposed to be a new product from the makers of strivectrin or however its spelled that is supposed to do away with them and I think I saw it at walgreens but it was a while ago. Im not sure if it works though

Old 04-19-2006, 01:21 PM   #13
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetfairy
Skineffects by dr. jeffery dover intensive eye treatment with vitamin c (cvs) or Vita-k soulution for dark circles under eyes with super vitamin k but I'm not sure wher to get this one might have to order online if you can't find it at any stores in your area and cucumber juice just crush up a piece of it and soak up the juice with a cotton ball and rub or dab it around your eyes this well however take some time for results. Good luck oh I almost forgot you can buy this one online but I must warn you it is a bit pricey elizabeth arden cermide eyewish spf 10 because it also has grape seed extract.
The cucumber juice and other such remedies are only good for tired puffy eyes. They won't help those of us with permanent dark circles due to super thin skin. Except, of course, when our super thin skinned eyes are also tired and puffy.

The only thing that would is to thicken the skin. Suposedly Retin-A does that, althought it hasn't for me yet. They say now that Vitamin C will do that by helping the skin to build collagen if the vitamin C in the serum is absorbable through the skin. I've tried the vita-K in the past and it didn't do anything. Besides the description on the bottle said it fades the circles. That's BS. There's nothing to fade.

I've also been using Teamine cream because it was the first product I ever saw that claimed it did what it actually needed to do, which is to thicken the skin. I think they also claim to strengthen the capillaries. And the free samples I ordered seemed to help a little. But I'm about halfway through the container and don't think it's helped much.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 AM   #14
(female)

Pink*Sugaree HB User

sally hansen's airbrush foundation is spray on

Closed Thread