It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User
smelly armpits!!

Please help!!
I have the opposite problem of most people. I don't have puddles of sweat, but my armpits smell only a few hours after I take a shower. If I do any physical exercise, they smell immediately..like wet deodrant and sweaty armpits. I can't wear tight shirts at all, or else the smell goes on my inner sleeves and smells really bad. If I wear tank tops, my arms still smell--kinda of tangy. The only thing I wear are oversized t-shirts, and I wear them half the day before having to take a shower. I have tried certain-dri and everything else. Is there any way to get rid of the bacteria in my pits?? Someone said Johnson's Baby shampoo, but it only helps like 5%. Maybe vinegar? I am going to have it checked out by a doctor next time I get the chance. Thanks sooo much!

Old 04-18-2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: smelly armpits!!

Good luck with the doctor visit.. I'm sure they can find something that works well for you!! What kind of deodorant do you usually use? Roll on, stick, spray?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2006, 02:09 PM   #3
(female)

KimC2005 HB User

That is definately something I would talk to a doctor about. They would be able to know what triggers it and what you can do to fix it.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Well, you could always try a mostly alkaline diet for a few weeks, i.e. lots of fruit and vegetables (fresh would be best, as in a salad), very little meat, no junk food, only whole grain bread, and no sweets, sodas, etc. Drink lots of water as well and drink herbal teas, especially peppermint. See if that helps a bit. Your sweat may smell so strong because your body is too acidic.

Last edited by SophiaM; 04-19-2006 at 09:23 PM.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
(female)

SilverRoses HB User

Chlorophill tablets are supposed to get rid of smells, try those, I think you can get them at like drugstores and nutrition stores. I read reviews on them and guess some people said they worked really good.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

Thanks everyone so much. Right now I am using Dove-powder deodorant. I will try to drink more water and incorporate a healthy diet. I have been doing research on the chlorophyll tablets, and I think I might give them a try. If anyone knows any good deodorants, I would be willing to try them. Also, if anyone knows of good deodorizers that people use on feet-vinegar, cornstarch, etc. Perhaps I can use them on my armpits, lol. No, but seriously.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:13 AM   #7
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User

Have you tried Mitchum for Women deordorant? If not, I highly recommend it. Apply it right after your shower. You should notice a difference immediatley!

Good Luck!!

SB

Old 04-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

Thanks seabell, I will try anything! Do you suggest the stick, roll-on, or gel?

Old 04-24-2006, 04:07 AM   #9
(female)

<getting up to check what type I use>

I use the gel. I wash my armpits with some sort of antibacterial soap in the shower, dry well, then apply. You only need a small amount too. You'll (hopefully) notice a difference that very day.

Let me know!!

SB

Old 05-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

Thank you very much, seabell. The Mitchum so far is working great! I'll see how it goes, but I do see a significant change. This will definately improve my social life. LOL.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #11
(female)

I'm so glad to hear it! Best of luck to ya!

SB

Old 05-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

mellowfish HB User

I have to add the best (and safest!) thing I've heard of, which I use myself, is a "Thai" or "Crystal" Deoderant "stick." It is literally a chunk of mineral salt, you apply it to your underarms and it prevents any bacteria from being able to form, thus preventing any odor. I pay about $7.00 for a stick of it and it lasts for more than a year. It is extremely effective at preventing odor, but it does not prevent sweating like an antiperspirant is supposed to do. Regards.

Old 05-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #13
(female)

Texanne HB User

I'm so glad someone recommended Mitchum. My parents have used it for years, and so do I. I keep trying cheaper stuff, supposedly with the same ingredients, but I find that Mitchum works best, bar none. I seem to have better luck with the roll on, but I hate waiting for it to dry!

Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I'm like that too...I smell just a couple hours after shower and deodorant. I finally found Secret soft solid the Platinum version, I like the scent Ambition but I don't think the scent matters. I have tried Mitchum but it burned so I can't say if it worked or not because I couldn't use it. This Secret deodorant is the only thing that keeps me from stinking all day!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 10:36 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

jahidas1 HB User

Thanks everyone so much. I have tried Secret Platinum, but it didn't work. I am now using Mitchum, which works pretty well. If I am not doing much that day, I use the crystal stick that you mentioned. I have it in spray form and it is exactly what I need to prevent bacteria build-up. I agree that it doesn't help with sweat though. I was thinking about spraying it on and then applying the mitchum. I might also try unscented so I don't have to worry about that tangy smell. Mitchum seems pretty good, but if anyone has any more suggestions, I am willing to experiment. Thanks!

Closed Thread