It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2006, 08:26 PM   #1

Candice561 HB User
Wavy hair.....

Hey Everyone,
Just a question for everyone. I have long hair, lets say to my armpits... It is very wavy on top and ringlet curly underneath... I usually blowdry it and then flat iron it straight because I cant seem to control my natural hair enough to make it look good...
What products can I use to make my natural wave/curl look good and look less frizzy as well as maintain hold? I use Dove's Curl and Sculpt defining mousse right now and my hair looks great until it dries... then it gets fluffy and frizzy and out of control... Any suggestions would be great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

skipperc HB User
Re: Wavy hair.....

try rolling your wet hair on large plastic rollers and sit under a hair dryer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2006, 10:41 PM   #3
(female)

yelden12 HB User
Re: Wavy hair.....

i have wavy, really thick hair that likes to do whatever it wants.

i've found that showering at night, and then putting in soft curls cream or defrizz serum of some sort over night lets it set in and also lets the natural oils come out and tame it by morning.

or if i'm going out.. i'll shower and then put in the soft curls (garnier fructis) cream..mostly on the bottom... then i spray with antifrizz stuff... and if its feeling extra wild i add light hold gel.

it works pretty well.

Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
(female)

alittledeserted HB User
Lightbulb Re: Wavy hair.....

Hey, I have very curly hair, i'm half black and unfortunately have gotten my black genes for my hair. So i know what you mean by not being able to take control of it... this is what I do
I'm very athletic so i'm always in the shower since I sweat so much, so while i'm in the shower i brush out my hair. I usually do it with conditioner in so that the knots will become untangled more quickly. Brushing my hair out dry or blow drying it, will always turn my hair into an unbelievably big fro. I also have long hair so this step really helps. Then once i've brushed it out, i'll take a can of Tresemme* Styling Moose* and spray a line acrose the crown of my head, that way i can brush through my hair and make sure every part gets the taming liquid. I'll usually do this twice just to make sure, then if I want to wear it down then i'll just style it how i want and make sure its moosed to perfection. I use a lot of moose, but it's not as expensive as the salon products and works just as well. So i'd suggest using that for styling and hold, it works very well and my hair is VERY curly. For shampoos and conditioners you should try Panteen Pro-V, it is also inexpensive and makes ure hair shine and feel soft and smooth, get the kind for curly or wavy hair and you're set. Good luck and hopefully this works for you!
~@$H

Closed Thread