It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

hemp365 HB User
I always look tired even after applying make-up

Hi. I'm a substitute teacher. I also go to college at night. So I get up very early. After getting up the first thing I do is put on my make up. Even after applying it I look tired all day what should I do?

Old 05-05-2006, 08:28 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ttc1asap HB User
Re: I always look tired even after applying make-up

I have this problem but found out I am hypothyroid. Even though it might be rough, I'd try washing my face with ice cold water - or dunking it in a sink full of cold water and ice cubes. Then apply moisturizer and let it sink in abut 15 minutes before applying foundation. Maybe you could try a self tanner and/or a different foundation (or shade) to help you look more awake. I've also heard not to use anything powdery on your face if possible - powder sometimes dries out skin or makes it look duller, or it can settle in fine lines and wrinkles. Experiment with different makeup colors. I've heard you can line the inner rims of your eyes with white pencil. Some people dab some white on the inner corner of your eyes.
However, be careful not to overdo it on the makeup. Sometimes when I'm tired I notice I look better if I go easy, with less products. I use cream blush rather than powder. I don't wear real bright lipstick and go easy on the eyeliner. A light coating of mascara will help, as will curling your eyelashes. If you don't have a heated eyelash curler but have a metal one, heat it with the blowdryer for a minute and then curl your lashes before applying mascara.
Can you sneak in a 20 minute nap during the day? Any longer and you'll get into a deep sleep, but 20 minutes is said to be just right during the day.
I also like Pond's cucumber eye pads but I haven't seen them - maybe someone else has something to refresh the eyes. Some people like spray on mists for the face also.
Also a few quick stretches or some kind of exercise, even for 5-10 minutes in the AM will really help.
I hope you can find a way to get a little more sleep.
Be sure to stay away from caffeine as much as possible, especially after 4 PM.
I don't know your diet - have you tried eating yogurt with fresh fruit in the AM - or something else energizing? Stay away from quick fixes like sugar and caffeine that will give you a quick fix but end up making you more tired. Make sure to take a multivitamin ea day if you aren't, since you are stressing your body out a little.
Sorry if that's TMI! :c)

Last edited by ttc1asap; 05-05-2006 at 08:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
(female)

greenfairy84 HB User

I'm the same way.Not a morning person.I went to a vitamin store and bought a really good vit-B complex and always take them in the morning with breakfast and have noticed that I feel a lot better when I take them.Vit-B is good for fighting fatigue and helps your nervous system.Also not drinking enough water can cause fatigue so that can help too.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Try buying a face highlighter or something to brighten up your skin.. and definitely moisturize well. Also sometimes I need to use bronzer if my skin looks pale/tired.

A good thing to also do is to put a shimmery white eyeshadow in the inner corners of your eyes and under the brow bone.. it helps brighten up your eyes!

Old 05-06-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wishn HB User
Talking Re: I always look tired even after applying make-up

I agree with all of the advice you have already recieved, as I do it all. One thing I am doing a bit different now is using a gold eye shadow from Bare Essentials. I only put it in the corner 1/4 of my eye lid, outer that is. Also I put a very fine line of the gold under my eyes when going out too. At night add a tiny bit more and it looks glamorous and sexy. It really brings out any color eyes as well. Like any color, be careful not to add too much, test it out. This is absolutely the best color gold I have ever tried. Not heavy and not bold.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I have no idea what your face looks like but for me, I have heavy lids and if I just put foundation on and my mascara without eye shadow, my lid looks puffy and makes me look tired. I have to shade(with a brown) that top lid to "recess" that puffy lid look which makes people look tired. I have noticed that my sister that has about the same problem as me doesn't do this and it look like her eyes are swollen. You may also benifit from a liner pencil(then smudged it) at the bottom outside half of your lower lid to "open" the eye and lining the top lid and smudging that too will also bring tired eyes to life. Some of us just need a little more make-up than others...I'm one of those that needs a full face of make-up to look good.

Old 05-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
(female)

shlindz HB User

Have you tried Clean and Clear's Morning Glow collection? It's made to wake your face up. I'v only used the moisturizer, but it works great. It has a little sparkle to it and it really makes your face have a nice healthy glow. Also, when I put my foundation on my face, I always go over trouble spots with a little extra. I dab a tiny bit on my finger and blend it under my eyes. It helps cover the dark circles. Then I use my powder, then I use the same big poofy brush for my powder to add a little tiny bit of blush all over to brighten my face. Also when I do my eyes (I like to use pink shades) I take a very light pink lip liner and put a slight line under my bottom lash line. Then I smooth it out with my finger and apply a light pink shadow. It's barely noticable, but my eyes are definatley awake. Good luck and hope you find something that works for you.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I also really liked the Morning Glow products by Clean & Clear. I also bought the energizing eye cream and it works pretty well and brightens up your face. It didn't make a HUGE difference for me though, but I'd still buy it again.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
(female)

emilina HB User

I find that Dr. Chen's Refining and Lifting Cream by Sunrider does wonders! I've used it on days that I've only had 3 hours of sleep and people were commenting that I looked extremely rested...I didn't even have make up on! Guarantee you'll love it!

Closed Thread