It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Joltster HB User
Rashes when i shave....

I have alot of hair on me and shave it all off but I have a problem, when i shave the hair i end up getting a rash where i shaved about a week or so later...

Does anyone know what way i can shave without causing this to happen? What would be better for not irritating my skin - dry shaving with an electric razor or wet shave in the shower? Would it be better to shave in the direction of hair growth or against it? Anything i should be putting on my skin after shaving to help prevent getting rashes etc?

Any advice would be appreciated....

Old 05-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: Rashes when i shave....

I'm sorry to say but I am hairy too...boohoo! OK...joking aside! I swear, I have to shave from my toes to my belly button....You have to shave daily really to avoid the irritation. It's the hair growing back that's getting irritated. If I don't shave at least every other day, I'll get bumps and itchy too. I shave with bar soap, don't soap up a wash clothe, use the bar directly on you skin, Dove is wonderful...much better than shaving cream IMHO, the blade slides much better with bar soap. The next secret is to be sure and use a good quality shaver. Although some generic blades are OK, some are just terrible so it's best to use a name brand...Gillette is fine. I use a double blade, I haven't experimented with the three/four/five blade shavers yet...probably won't. I have always shaved against the natural hair growth for a closer shave. HTH!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'd recommend either Venus Divine razors or Venus Vibrance (same thing, only vibrance vibrates haha). They cost a little more but I'd say it's well worth it. I always shave against the direction the hair grows since it makes it smoother, but driving in the same direction supposedly doesn't irritate it as much. I used to have an electric razor and it NEVER bothered my skin.. plus you can't cut yourself. The only bad part is that they can be noisy, take a little longer, and not get as close a shave... so if that stuff doesn't bother you then it may be worth it.

Old 05-06-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

MoonLight0 HB User

I agree about Dove. It's really good to use on your skin, smells pretty good, and doesn't dry skin like most other soaps I've tried.

I always shave against the direction hair grows.
I find it if I moisturize my skin well and apply baby oil and lotion after showering I get less irritation the next time.

Last edited by MoonLight0; 05-06-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Closed Thread