It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #1

aktick04 HB User
How to get my hair to stay put? (guy)

Thought I should mention I'm a guy, as most questions here seem to be asked by the ladies.

I have pretty annoying hair...it looks wonderful after I shower or wet it and towel dry, but after not too long it all falls down and just lays flat. It's short to medium in length.

For the first week or so after getting it cut, I can use American Crew Fiber and it looks ok. But after that first week, it becomes hard to do much with the Fiber.

I'm thinking I need something more like a gel...or at least something that I can use more of to work through my hair more (the Fiber just doesn't seem to work through all my hair too well, unless I use a TON).

Basically what I want is to get it to retain that look of 5 minutes after I shower and dry it - a little wet looking, and not totally flat on my head. I don't really want it hard as a brick, but want it to hold form throughout the day. I think one problem I may have is my hair might be kind of thin.

Something kind of like this I guess -

http://paperclips.drowninword.com/bio_dohring.jpg

http://images.zap2it.com/20051219/ja...rs_240_002.jpg

http://images.zap2it.com/20040827/ve...sondohring.jpg

My hair is kind of like that. Shorter when cut, but that's about the average length.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 06-14-2006, 04:40 AM   #2
(female)

charly1 HB User
Wink Re: How to get my hair to stay put? (guy)

Hi there I suggest you try mousse in your hair it would hold your hair and plump it up without feeling sticky or hard , use sparingly and experiment !Hope this helps !Cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 10:10 AM   #3
(female)

j_anne81 HB User
Re: How to get my hair to stay put? (guy)

i'm a hairstylist and the best thing for hair like that would be a paste if your hair isn't too thick. If it's more on the thick side, try a pomade that's more flexible than your AC fiber.

Redken Work Hard paste is great for that.... not too sticky, doesn't flake and molds the hair into place all day.

hths!

Last edited by j_anne81; 06-14-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #4
(female)

trekgeek HB User
Re: How to get my hair to stay put? (guy)

I totaly agree with the stylist... as your hair gets longer your product needs change... a mud or a pomade would work great... Redken Rewind is an awesome plyable product that stays mobile all day, so you can wear a hat, take it off and reshape your hair... good luck and really from all of the ladies everywhere... Thank you for caring about your hair!!

Closed Thread