It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

littlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB Userlittlejmb HB User
Does Anyone Know of a Haircolor that won't damage your hair?

I am searching for a permanent haircolor that is really gentle on the hair. I've been using permanent haircolor for several years now, and have used Nice and Easy (that fried my hair) and have been using Revlon Colorsilk for a couple of years now, and only do the roots to keep it from doing further damage. But - I want to go a bit darker now and will have to dye all of it, so I want one that won't do further damage since I will have to color all of it each time rather than just the roots - or will it stay darker on the rest? I just don't know.

Somebody help, please!!!! Thanks!

Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Persinickity HB User
Wink Re: Does Anyone Know of a Haircolor that won't damage your hair?

I use the Garnier brand dye (the one in the bright neon green box) and I don't have any problems with it. As far as dying all your hair every time, I've had people tell me to just do your roots first, and then after it's sat for a few minutes, put some water in like you're going to rinse but just enough to distribute the color through the rest of your hair and then let it sit for a few more minutes before rinsing, that way it kind of blends the color...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Does Anyone Know of a Haircolor that won't damage your hair?

^^I used it too!! Garnier Nutrisse!! It has fruit oils in it that were actually really moisturizing for my hair. It made it softer after using it. I had tried Feria haircolor and didn't like it and it made my hair feel a little dry, but the Nutrisse one smelled much better than other hair dyes and was gentle and made my hair so silky! I'd definitely recommend it!

Old 06-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mystic_star HB User

Clairol Natural Instincts! It has all natural ingredients and is not harsh at all! The color is beautiful too! I hate to quote commercials, but your hair really does look healthier after you use this!

Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you ladies for your replies! I most likely would have bought the Fiera because everyone talks about it being good, but if it makes your hair dry at all, I don't need to use it! I will definitely try the Garnier Nutrisse, especially if it moisturizes your hair.

Natural Instincts is great too, but I just want longer lasting coverage, plus I can't seem to find just the right color in it for me.

My hair is pale blonde right now because I kept having to use a ultra light blonde on the roots to match the rest of my hair, but I just don't like the really light color on me. I think I look better with mine just a shade darker.

I will let you know how it turns out!! I will probably do it later this week.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User

Natural instincts is great and makes your hair super shiney but I think it only will last you a month or so. Most hair dyes are pretty good to the hair these days. I've only used a couple of box hair dyes that stunk and were harsh on my hair but like I said most are pretty good for hair.

Old 06-29-2006, 11:39 AM   #7
(female)

Jelohi HB User

I used to use Feria and liked it, I got a lot of compliments on the color & I LOVE the conditioner that comes with it! A couple years ago I switched to Natural Instincts and my hair is a lot healthier now (not that it was bad before). I have very fine hair that is prone to breakage and split ends & I have been able to grow it longer without it being all damaged since I switched haircolor. I decided to switch to a semi-permanent because I'm mostly covering gray now so I don't need to lighten, and I wanted something that wouldn't be so apparent growing out.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:56 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I also liked Clairol Hydrience.. it made my hair healthier and the color was really nice looking. I was trying to go back to my natural color at the time and I pretty much got it (coloring OVER highlighted hair). I highlighted it again.. but next time I decide to go dark, I'll definitely use that or Garnier Nutrisse again (or Natural Instincts for temporary). I forget what Garnier's other brand is, or if they even still have it.. Lumia I think?? It was okay but the Nutrisse one definitely worked better to make my hair soft.. and it smelled much better! The other one had a strong floral scent and I liked the fruit scent better.

I don't know why Feria didn't work for me.. I used a medium golden brown and it came out a little bit reddish.. but my hair was not dark at all before.. it was close to the same color. It just made my hair feel kind of dry afterwards.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well ladies, I used the Garnier Nutriesse last Thursday and am very pleased with it. I used a light ash blonde and at first it was a smokey blonde which I didn't like, but after about three washings, it is very pretty and I've gotten alot of compliments on it. I used it all over for the last 10 minutes, and it doesn't seem to have damaged my hair any further. I just hope the color holds true!!

Closed Thread