It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
(female)

Catherine83 HB User
What's The BEST Self Tanner???

I am looking for a GOOD self tanner. I am to the point where I don't care about price so long as it doesn't leave me looking like a carrot. I'm sure you all know how frustrating that can be!
I have always heard good things about Estee Lauder self tanner but have never tried it. Also, I've been hearing a lot about this stuff called Fake Bake. I heard them talking about it on the view not too long ago and many celeb's are using it.
Has anyone used any of these products? If not, could you recommend something?
I have tried Neutrogina and it looked orange on me...I used the spray mist stuff. Also, I have tried this stuff from my salon called "coulor". It was better then the neutro. but still had a slight orange glow. It was also in a foam form which I really liked.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User
Re: What's The BEST Self Tanner??? :cool:

I have been using a gradual self tanner by queen helene called cocoa glow. This stuff is GREAT!!! i love it. it really looks natural and not orange at all. I put some on after my bath and it dries quickly and doesnt stain. I had to buy mine online but sometimes u can find it at walgreens or walmart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

Steph - I will look into that! Is it a lotion or foam? Does it wash off easily? About how much do you pay for it?? I will look for it on ebay :-) Thanks!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
(female)

otherworldly HB User

Jergens Natural Glow for sure! The most natural looking self tanner I have ever ever found and I have tried A LOT!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

It is a lotion and usually i will have a quick rinse in the morning. I think I paid close to $10. I like it cuz it feels like u r just putting lotion on ur skin. I have tried jergens and i didnt like the way it smelled and it just didnt seem natural on me, i have friends that like it though, just not for me i have also heard that fakebake is good although i have not tried it

Old 06-29-2006, 04:05 AM   #6
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

I have searched all over for the Queen Helene Cocoa Glow and cannot find it....maybe Ill have to look online as much as I hate ordering things online. I agree with the smell of the Jergens - not natural, but works for some people.

Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

phytomer instand bronze is def the best self tanner i have ever tried, and believe me I have tried a lot of them.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph66
It is a lotion and usually i will have a quick rinse in the morning. I think I paid close to $10. I like it cuz it feels like u r just putting lotion on ur skin. I have tried jergens and i didnt like the way it smelled and it just didnt seem natural on me, i have friends that like it though, just not for me i have also heard that fakebake is good although i have not tried it
I definitely wanna try that stuff!! I didn't care for Jergen's either, but a lot of people really like it. It smelled like clay to me. I use Neutrogena Micromist and the misting airbrush spray is easy to use and comes out in a light color (even though it says 3 shades darker.. doesnt for me!).

I've also heard good things about tan towels.. I got one towlette but still haven't used it.. so I'll have to see! I used a Lancome kind and it smelled SO BAD.. it was a lotion. I also don't like the foaming ones b/c they usually smell stronger than the rest and they always stain my clothes if they tinted.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:36 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

Okay i've heard to use Fake Bake. But what kind do people like most? I see a tanning spray, mousse, self tanner? Which one....?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Sorry for recommending the Micromist.. I didn't see that it didn't work out for you.. That is crazy how one product can be so much different for other people.. I wish it gave me MORE color, haha. The only thing I can think of is that I put on lotion after my shower, and put on the self tanner AFTERWARDS so maybe that's why it comes out more natural on me.. who knows!!

Sephora has the fake bake products.. never tried them.. but I know they have testers out, so maybe you can do a patch test on a section of your body that is covered.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

Well, I purchased the Fake Bake brand off of the internet about 2 days ago! I haven't used it yet but I will let you all know how it works on me! At their website it was 49.99 plus shipping but I managed to find it on a different site for 23.99 plus shipping. If it works then it is worth every penny!

Old 06-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

"Queen Helene Cocoa Glow" -removed- I'd love to try it sometime!

Let us know how Fake Bake works!

Last edited by HBMod07; 07-01-2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Please do not advise users to use search eninges

Old 06-30-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
(female)

Catherine83 HB User

If I end up not liking the Fake Bake then I am definantly going to try the Queen Helene Cocoa Glow. It was very easy to find online and the price is amazing!!! You can't got wrong with 4.80 for a 6 oz.!! I noticed that they had a Cocoa Glow with Mango and then one with Aloe. Which one do you use? I may try this brand just for the heck of it. I might end up liking it better and that would save some $$$ - Thanks - Catherine

Old 06-30-2006, 05:17 PM   #14
(female)

dollymama HB User

I just bought the prescrub for tanless tanning from neutrogena (I guess you are supposed to exfoliate prior to self tanning, so you won't streak) and it came with the neutrogena tanning spray...I'll let you know how it works !

Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
(female)

dollymama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollymama
I just bought the prescrub for tanless tanning from neutrogena (I guess you are supposed to exfoliate prior to self tanning, so you won't streak) and it came with the neutrogena tanning spray...I'll let you know how it works !

Ok, I absolutely hate the spray ! I used the scrub when I showered and then used the spray, which stinks, because it's colorless and you have no idea where it was sprayed and I have orange spots on certain parts of my legs and absolutely no color anywhere else (I'd rather have no color everywhere, then orange spots anywhere !) So needless to say, I DO NOT recommend the Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Spray !

Closed Thread