It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

charliecat31 HB User
Question Sparse brows - grow back??

Hi everyone!
I have always had very thin sparse brows, but a few years ago they started getting really bad - to the point that I have to draw them on before I can leave the house. I have brow hairs on the inner part of my brows (above the side of my eyes by my nose) and a few hairs at the other ends, but the middle is practically bald. I've been using Mavala Double Lash (it's mainly for eyelashes but also works for brows) for about two months and have seen some improvement. I haven't plucked my eyebrows in close to TEN years. But I still have some bald spots all though not near as bad. I still have to draw my brows on though. I've checked with my doctor and this is NOT a health issue.

Does anyone know of any other products that will help grow this hair back?

Thanks for any input!!

Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #2
(female)

jimmielegs HB User
Re: Sparse brows - grow back??

No, sorry, Charliecat, I don't know of a product that will help your eyebrows grow. I do what you do: use a brow mascara to "beef up" my brows.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

charliecat31 HB User

Thanks! I have seen some results from the Mavala Double Lash - was really surprised how much regrowth I got. I know have almost two complete eyebrows insted of bald spots in both.

I love those brow mascara's too - they really do help!

Thanks again!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:04 PM   #4
(female)

wvpumpkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliecat31
Hi everyone!
I have always had very thin sparse brows, but a few years ago they started getting really bad - to the point that I have to draw them on before I can leave the house. I have brow hairs on the inner part of my brows (above the side of my eyes by my nose) and a few hairs at the other ends, but the middle is practically bald. I've been using Mavala Double Lash (it's mainly for eyelashes but also works for brows) for about two months and have seen some improvement. I haven't plucked my eyebrows in close to TEN years. But I still have some bald spots all though not near as bad. I still have to draw my brows on though. I've checked with my doctor and this is NOT a health issue.

Does anyone know of any other products that will help grow this hair back?

Thanks for any input!!
I have been using castor oil on mine, you can get it at the drugstore or health food store. It has worked wonders on my eyebrow bald spots, where I waxed too much, and it really didn't take that long. I also wash my face in a mixture of 50 percent olive oil, 25 percent avocodo oil and 25 percent castor oil in a bottle. This might be helping as well. Try it and keep me posted.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
(female)

eyebrow HB User

I'm 46 and messed up one eyebrow . I went to a professional aesthetician to help me fix them and I now have 2 eyebrows I really hate. Ugh. I have been applying Rogaine for about 4 months and am seeing furry regrowth! Unfortunately, its not growing everywhere and not yet exactly where I most want it. I understand it can take a year or more though. I have also just started using Talika lipocils which I have read some promising things about. (I had heard about using Rogaine a number of places and my dermatologist OK'd it.) Good luck.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

I would suggest cosmetic tattooing because after 10 years they are unlikely to grow back.

Closed Thread