It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
(female)

kesae HB User
Question oily skin

I have very oily skin and was wondering if anyone had any advice on controllig the oiliness.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
(female)

Riane HB User
Re: oily skin

Products with SA seem to be drying, or any kind of Hydroxy Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid. You should use a light, oil free moisturizer and blot with blotting papers as necessary. Powder, on your face, or over make up controls oil as well...there are even special products formulated to control oily skin. Go with that!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
(female)

KT87 HB User

I have oily skin as well and what seems to work for me is biore oil control moisterizer and facewash...neutrogena has those products too

Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I have been using foaming cleaners (usually by Clean & Clear) and a moisturizer by them as well. The kind I use has salicylic acid in it to help clear breakouts as well, and it helps control the oil for me. I tried Clean & Clear's moisturizer meant for reducing oil but I didn't notice a big difference so I went back to the Dual Action moisturizer (the one that helps with breakouts). Then make sure to find makeup that doesnt bother your skin more. I have been using either mineral makeup or Covergirl Aquasmooth or something similar to that.

Also, Clean & Clear makes great oil absorbing sheets that won't mess up your makeup! These can be lifesavers, especially in the summer. I like these better than blotting papers that seem to not pick up all the oil. My skin used to be really oily a few years ago (it's gotten better!) so I would go through the absorbing sheets kind of fast, but it was worth it!

Old 08-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

AmandaCox HB User

Another great product that I use when my skin gets oily is clean and clear blackhead eliminating scrub. Even if you don't have blackheads, it really unclogs your pores great. I use it in the shower if i know Im going to be in the sun alot. And after exercising is great too.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #6
(female)

fatoom90 HB User
Cool Re: oily skin

Hi
Let me tell you something now...
My long experience with my heavy oily skin proved for me that:
1) Using the very severe irritating products (especially if daily use & those that contain large amount of alcohol) like those of clean & clear would really harm your skin & increase the oil secretion.
2) Extra cleansing of the face during the day will do the same. I recommend to be washed 3-4 times a day with a gentle cleanser that's alcohol-free & a has the gel or liquid base. If your skin is acne prone here's a product (DDF blemish foaming cleanser),but don't use it unless u feel your skin is inflamed or about to get pimples. My daily facial wash is Issima Guerlain perfect white Ex, it doesn't whiten the skin but it has very soft scrubbing formula that can be used daily.
3) After washing, use alcohol-free toner only one time a day (at the end of the day before sleeping).
4) You will really need a water-base oil-free moisturizer since ur skin will miss the water. u can use the dramatically different moisturizing gel from clinique, it's very light & really moisturize.
5) Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets are good because they do not contain powder that may block the pores causing them to inflame & get wider. You only need that kind of sheets that contain the powder if u r putting make-up.
6) For the make-up I recommend using a very light formula of foundation. I think the best for my oily skin was Flawless control foundation from Nina Richi as a liquid light formula,& the whipped cream-like foundation is really good that it doesn't let ur skin go heavy & let it look mat. It's available from maybelline & Lancôme.
7) I use a spray moisturizer during the hot thirsty days instead of wasting time while washing my face & re-applying the make-up. I use that one from La Mer (The Mist) & there's a good one from Guerlain (Lilly essential mist). It will really refresh your skin & moisturize it without leaving it oily or shiny. There's also the Evian water spray(it's very cheap), but the others have the richest formula.
8) Using the Aspiring mask or scrub one or two times a week will give good results for the oil control & the pores.
9) The most important hint dear to watch your diet, your body reactions inside are reflected on your skin. Detox, detox, & detox. May be your liver is getting tired of digesting the huge amounts of fatty foods. Restrict fats, drink a lot of water & eat the zinc-containing foods.

Finally darlings...remember to avoid OVERDRYING & alcohol. Dont treat your skin roughly. The facts are that over drying causes more oil secretion, while alcohol over dries & damages the skin & cozes the wrinkles to accelerate.

hope you enjoy ur new regimen ...THANX

Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 PM   #7
(female)

Sartorius HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoom90
Hi
Let me tell you something now...
My long experience with my heavy oily skin proved for me that:
1) Using the very severe irritating products (especially if daily use & those that contain large amount of alcohol) like those of clean & clear would really harm your skin & increase the oil secretion.
2) Extra cleansing of the face during the day will do the same. I recommend to be washed 3-4 times a day with a gentle cleanser that's alcohol-free & a has the gel or liquid base. If your skin is acne prone here's a product (DDF blemish foaming cleanser),but don't use it unless u feel your skin is inflamed or about to get pimples. My daily facial wash is Issima Guerlain perfect white Ex, it doesn't whiten the skin but it has very soft scrubbing formula that can be used daily.
3) After washing, use alcohol-free toner only one time a day (at the end of the day before sleeping).
4) You will really need a water-base oil-free moisturizer since ur skin will miss the water. u can use the dramatically different moisturizing gel from clinique, it's very light & really moisturize.
5) Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets are good because they do not contain powder that may block the pores causing them to inflame & get wider. You only need that kind of sheets that contain the powder if u r putting make-up.
6) For the make-up I recommend using a very light formula of foundation. I think the best for my oily skin was Flawless control foundation from Nina Richi as a liquid light formula,& the whipped cream-like foundation is really good that it doesn't let ur skin go heavy & let it look mat. It's available from maybelline & Lancôme.
7) I use a spray moisturizer during the hot thirsty days instead of wasting time while washing my face & re-applying the make-up. I use that one from La Mer (The Mist) & there's a good one from Guerlain (Lilly essential mist). It will really refresh your skin & moisturize it without leaving it oily or shiny. There's also the Evian water spray(it's very cheap), but the others have the richest formula.
8) Using the Aspiring mask or scrub one or two times a week will give good results for the oil control & the pores.
9) The most important hint dear to watch your diet, your body reactions inside are reflected on your skin. Detox, detox, & detox. May be your liver is getting tired of digesting the huge amounts of fatty foods. Restrict fats, drink a lot of water & eat the zinc-containing foods.

Finally darlings...remember to avoid OVERDRYING & alcohol. Dont treat your skin roughly. The facts are that over drying causes more oil secretion, while alcohol over dries & damages the skin & cozes the wrinkles to accelerate.

hope you enjoy ur new regimen ...THANX
i agree. i use a gentle cleanser - cetaphil oily skin cleanser - it's a clear gel make for oily and sensitive skin, it only foams a bit, so it does not strip your skin or dry it out, which ironically makes it less oily.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #8
(female)

fatoom90 HB User
Smile Re: oily skin

Hi again...
I forgot to tell u that other than its alcohol content, Clean & Clear products (certainly the blackhead eleminating lotion) causes the blackheads to aggravate more & more when discontinued.
Otherwise I've got a good idea,scrub with sea salt or sugar the areas of the black heads two times a week.I Actually I used to use the Beauty Secrets' Facial Mud Scrub (dead sea mud) & worked magically, but now i'm not able to find it in our markets in KSA anymore .I bought it from a drugstore.
Why don't u try to apply some cucumber juice with a cotton pad as a toner & leave it to work overnight then wash in the morning. This will tighten the pores & supply your skin with good nutrient that help to make it brighter.
So....Never a dull oily look

Closed Thread