It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

texasgirlhere HB User
Skin bleaching cream recommendation please?

Hi: Hope I can get some advise here. My face is several shades darker than my neck with a lot of red. Is there an effective, non prescription product out there that will lighten my skin tone, hopefully rather quickly? Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #2

Forbryante HB User
Re: Skin bleaching cream recommendation please?

Is the pigment change more brown in nature, like the type one would experience from melasma? If it is, you may want to consider using topical creams that contain 'hydroquinone,' a gradual skin lightener. There are a lot of creams that contain this at most drugstores' cosmetics counters.

On the other hand, if the darker pigment is due to redness, that could be the result of many things, like irritation or rosacea. Whenever I experience skin irritation, like the redness from an acne blemish, I use plain old aloe vera gel. You may want to try skin remodeling copper peptides. Dr. Loren Pickart has formulated a very effective product that I used in the past to mitigate post-acne redness. It works by stimulating the skin's natural healing processes to improve skin tone, clarity and eveness, and it is also used to reverse skin aging.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

I use Avon's Banishing Cream it has hydroquione it's cheap and works great.
If it is the Melasma that is!

Old 08-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #4
(female)

sons2 HB User

Bell,
Does the Avon Banishing cream work pretty quick? I have been starting to get the dreaded mustache from too much sun.........thanks!
sons

Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

Well it depends on how many times a day you use it I think.
I have spots on my hand and use it like hand lotion several times a day.
It also has SPF15.
On my face I just use it at night. I have Melasma under my cheek bones
Getting old sure stinks

Old 08-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
(female)

fatoom90 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Skin bleaching cream recommendation please?

I've tried the Nina Richi brightening serum & it worked great.The mistake was that I used it only on my face so it made a contrast between my face & neck color.I also use Issima Perfect White C facial cleanser gel that contains very tiny & soft particles that scrub the skin gently & lightly without shading it.

Otherwise, here is the real bleaching line (whatever the brand):
1) Clean your face day & night with a whitening cleanser (like the one I use since it scrubs the skin softly preparing it to accept the next steps).
2) Use a clarifying toner once a day directly after cleansing.
3) Apply a whitening cream if ur skin dry, while a whitening gel or lotion if oily (better a day cream or lotion that has a sun protection SPF not less than 40 during the day hours).
4) At night & after the cleaning step, use a whitening concentrate or serum to go then to sleep, repeat the steps then the next day (Warning; DON'T EVER EVER use a serum or concentrate when exposure to sun, this will destroy the skin ).

And FINALLY as I mentioned for someone here on the board, Your diet is the key for a brighter & healthier skin. I'd not recommend to drink a lot of coffee, tea, or eat chocolate, eggplant, & peanuts & its butter.Drink plenty of water & 2 cups of milk at least every day. I believe in the theory that says the white stuff could make u fair, while dark ones could make u dark (just a theory ).

Old 08-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User

Milk makes my skin break out in awful acne. Other than that I have clear wonderful skin but I think I want to lighten it.

Closed Thread